Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Ward 700 nv

  1. #1

    Ward 700 nv

    I'm considering buying one of the above add ons to use for some fox work on the back of my swaro/tikka 223 combo however I'm hearing and reading mixed reports so wondering if anyone can give fuel to the flame one way or another or if someone might have one within an hrs ride from jct32 of the M62 and be willing to let me have a look through it in exchange for a crate of beer.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  2. #2
    Bought one of these to use as my main nv and use my archer as a spotter,on clear nights its not a bad bit of kit ,any moisture in the air found it a nightmare,so got rid of it and stayed with my trusty archer.

  3. #3
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,829
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Jimmy

    Have a read of the nv forum, to make sure that things like lens coatings don't restrict sight picture etc,

    Regards

    Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    A god discussion here on AirgunBBS.com Ian
    Cheers for the link Ian but it won't open without me joining
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  6. #6
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,829
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I can't see it as I was banned many years go,

    Not sure if it coud be cut and pasted,

    Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Jimmy

    Have a read of the nv forum, to make sure that things like lens coatings don't restrict sight picture etc,

    Regards

    Bob
    Cheers bob ill have a look, used to run a 14 through the same scope and it ran ok, however needs were different then and I had to sell it.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby18 View Post
    Bought one of these to use as my main nv and use my archer as a spotter,on clear nights its not a bad bit of kit ,any moisture in the air found it a nightmare,so got rid of it and stayed with my trusty archer.
    Was it moisture getting into the unit bobby or sitting on the lens and distorting the picture or something?
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  9. #9
    Basically Jimmy, it discusses the point of lens coatings on scopes brought up by Bob, it seems the coating on higher end scopes lik zeiss, swaro S&B etc interfere with the transmission of IR through the lenses and do not produce a satisfactory sight pictureYet scopes at the bottom end of the market perform remarkably well with this unit better then the high end scopes. Ian.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Basically Jimmy, it discusses the point of lens coatings on scopes brought up by Bob, it seems the coating on higher end scopes lik zeiss, swaro S&B etc interfere with the transmission of IR through the lenses and do not produce a satisfactory sight pictureYet scopes at the bottom end of the market perform remarkably well with this unit better then the high end scopes. Ian.
    Thanks much appreciated
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Ward-D-Vision 700 Digital Night Vision anyone got one
    By iain b in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 27-03-2017, 11:47
  2. Clive Ward: Poor customer service continues
    By Cyres in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26-06-2015, 19:50
  3. Ward D vision, a phantom ??
    By Hales Smut in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-06-2015, 19:19
  4. *SOLD* Ward-D-vision for sale
    By easypeasy in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 18:17
  5. Clive Ward Nv
    By Gunner223 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 19:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •