Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ward 700 nv

Ward 700 nv

I'm considering buying one of the above add ons to use for some fox work on the back of my swaro/tikka 223 combo however I'm hearing and reading mixed reports so wondering if anyone can give fuel to the flame one way or another or if someone might have one within an hrs ride from jct32 of the M62 and be willing to let me have a look through it in exchange for a crate of beer.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Bought one of these to use as my main nv and use my archer as a spotter,on clear nights its not a bad bit of kit ,any moisture in the air found it a nightmare,so got rid of it and stayed with my trusty archer.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Jimmy

Have a read of the nv forum, to make sure that things like lens coatings don't restrict sight picture etc,

Regards

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    A god discussion here on AirgunBBS.com Ian
    Cheers for the link Ian but it won't open without me joining
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I can't see it as I was banned many years go,

Not sure if it coud be cut and pasted,

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Jimmy

Have a read of the nv forum, to make sure that things like lens coatings don't restrict sight picture etc,

Regards

Bob
    Cheers bob ill have a look, used to run a 14 through the same scope and it ran ok, however needs were different then and I had to sell it.
    Regards
    Jimmy

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby18 View Post
    Bought one of these to use as my main nv and use my archer as a spotter,on clear nights its not a bad bit of kit ,any moisture in the air found it a nightmare,so got rid of it and stayed with my trusty archer.
    Was it moisture getting into the unit bobby or sitting on the lens and distorting the picture or something?
    Regards
    Jimmy

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Basically Jimmy, it discusses the point of lens coatings on scopes brought up by Bob, it seems the coating on higher end scopes lik zeiss, swaro S&B etc interfere with the transmission of IR through the lenses and do not produce a satisfactory sight pictureYet scopes at the bottom end of the market perform remarkably well with this unit better then the high end scopes. Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Basically Jimmy, it discusses the point of lens coatings on scopes brought up by Bob, it seems the coating on higher end scopes lik zeiss, swaro S&B etc interfere with the transmission of IR through the lenses and do not produce a satisfactory sight pictureYet scopes at the bottom end of the market perform remarkably well with this unit better then the high end scopes. Ian.
    Thanks much appreciated
    Regards
    Jimmy

BUY BRITISH !!!!