Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Nearly lost my mag

  1. #1

    Nearly lost my mag

    Had another fantastic day out with 308Roebuck yesterday. Iwas climbing into a high seat, and noticed my magazine was missing.Felt a bit of a plum! We tracked back and was lucky that it had fallen out whenI topped it up after hanging two Roe up a tree before carrying on my stalk.
    It was my first time out stalking with this rifle, a Sako85, purchased second hand off a SD member. I was under the impression that Sako85 mags have a two stage release? Arenít you supposed to have to push the magin and then press the release catch to get the mag out? On mine if you touchthe catch the mag pings out. You barleyneed to brush past the catch and the magazine ejects!
    I donít think this is normal? And was thinking it could be a75 mag or have something wrong with the catch?
    I was so glad we found the mag, and that I Christened my newrifle first time out, as its bang on in every other respect; but I will have totape it up if the magazine keeps popping out like this.
    Any one on here had this happen to their Sako 85?


  2. #2
    I have an 85, and as you say it's a two stage mag release (push in bottom of mag then press release catch). I also have a 75, which is just a simple catch to release the mag.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by arbjob View Post
    Had another fantastic day out with 308Roebuck yesterday. Iwas climbing into a high seat, and noticed my magazine was missing.Felt a bit of a plum! We tracked back and was lucky that it had fallen out whenI topped it up after hanging two Roe up a tree before carrying on my stalk.
    It was my first time out stalking with this rifle, a Sako85, purchased second hand off a SD member. I was under the impression that Sako85 mags have a two stage release? Aren’t you supposed to have to push the magin and then press the release catch to get the mag out? On mine if you touchthe catch the mag pings out. You barleyneed to brush past the catch and the magazine ejects!
    I don’t think this is normal? And was thinking it could be a75 mag or have something wrong with the catch?
    I was so glad we found the mag, and that I Christened my newrifle first time out, as its bang on in every other respect; but I will have totape it up if the magazine keeps popping out like this.
    Any one on here had this happen to their Sako 85?
    Hi, that's not right at all, I'd have it looked at. With mine you have to press on the front end of the mag and simultaneously pull the latch back to release it. The mag will then drop about an inch allowing it to be pulled clear of the rifle. It works a treat.
    CH

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
    Hi, that's not right at all, I'd have it looked at. With mine you have to press on the front end of the mag and simultaneously pull the latch back to release it. The mag will then drop about an inch allowing it to be pulled clear of the rifle. It works a treat.
    CH
    Same with mine so something not quite right with yours arbjob.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  5. #5
    Could be worse, might have been an R8.
    Brian.

    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

  6. #6
    Thanks Guys,

    I think I will get it checked out net time I am in Weldon Gun room. Steve may have an idea what sup with it. I was more worried that live rounds could be left in the woods.

  7. #7
    I'd be more worried about the cost of a replacement magazine, have you seen the price of them!
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by arbjob View Post
    Thanks Guys,

    I think I will get it checked out net time I am in Weldon Gun room. Steve may have an idea what sup with it. I was more worried that live rounds could be left in the woods.

    Ask em' if they can Welditon?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Ask em' if they can Welditon?
    Nice one Steve.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  10. #10
    I have a Sako 85 and no mag problems. But I do have a Walther KKJ and having lost one mag I now tape the mag to the underside fo the rifle

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Tikka t3 mag .204 ruger & m65 .270 mag
    By CWMMAN3738 in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2015, 23:33
  2. Wanted: cases 9mm, 38 Sp, 357 mag, 44 mag
    By tramblygoat in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-10-2015, 07:21
  3. Help please lost my cz 452 mag!
    By palmer_mike in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 06:21
  4. Lost Parker Hale Scout Mag
    By MartinH in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-12-2012, 21:15
  5. lost mag
    By rob keeper in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-03-2012, 14:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •