Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCI .22 CB Longs: Anyone got any?

CCI .22 CB Longs: Anyone got any?

Hi all, I need several hundred of these for a specific job. Having the devils own time finding any though. Anyone got some or have seen some on their travels? Most grateful for any info received.

Regards

Gareth

Account Suspended
    Gareth

Do an internet search for them. There are several outlets saying they carry them in stock.

Are these the one with very low muzzel velocity, about 735ft/s ish?....if so i have 97 sat in my cabinet as they don't cycle in my semi. I'll swap for a box of 50 ely subs if you want.

Think one of my local rfd's stock them, could always arrange for him to pick some more up.

Where are you based?

They are so quiet, with no recoil to them, i didn't actually know i was shooting them until i whacked up the zoom on the scope and had a look at the target. all i heard was the "click" as the firing pin struck the rim.

If your in my neck of the woods your welcome to take the 70ish I have, as they are only cluttering up the ammo box. As with Daft Dog my semi wont cycle them.

Cheers guys! Looks like we ought to have a meet up. If you're intending to go to the CLA Game Fair at Ragley then I'll be there all weekend. There are plenty of dealers who say they do them and not many who actually hold stock. None of the big guys (Hannams etc) have any at all so it's old stock or none at all at present. I'd be glad to swap for Eley subs or RWS if that's your preferred rabbit poison.

Cheers

G

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Guy View Post
    . As with Daft Dog my semi wont cycle them.

Did you actually expect them to?

If you've got a 10-22 they can be made into a straight pull very easily (or so I am told) with a couple of mag modifications and some very slight work to the action. A buddy of mine in Cumbria did this for some very quiet, short range rabbit potting.

Account Suspended
    Why bother? Just pick up an old Bruno with the short barrell sorry don't know the model name, and crank them out by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Guy View Post
    If your in my neck of the woods your welcome to take the 70ish I have, as they are only cluttering up the ammo box. As with Daft Dog my semi wont cycle them.
    As the bugers in Cheltenham sold them to with the 10/22 yes I did. Needles to say I won't be back to them again!

I have nearly 100 you can have. Have you shot them before? You will find that they don't group under 3 or 4 inches at say 30 yards. They are unusable in my CZ hence the reason you can have them. I bought them for a specific task too but had to give up after finding they weren't capable of hitting a barn door at very close range.

Before you load up on them I would try some first.