Zeiss conquest return to the USA

Home Loader

Hello all
Has anyone got any experience of the above? I am getting on where with the email forms all I get is we don't take any from outside the states or canada!
the parallax doesn't seem to work properly and as I've sold it I want to get it repaired before I send it!
alrernatively it their some one in the UK who you would recommend?

thanks

Where did you buy it from? Surely if a retailer in UK they'd be my first contact point. Or was it a Disney or whatever bring back? For if so, and a certain power, you may not ne able to get it sent back outside the US? I don't know. Hve you tried Zeiss here in UK? Routing it through them whilst taking longer may be easier..

Hello all
Has anyone got any experience of the above? I am getting on where with the email forms all I get is we don't take any from outside the states or canada!
the parallax doesn't seem to work properly and as I've sold it I want to get it repaired before I send it!
alrernatively it their some one in the UK who you would recommend?

thanks

If it's a grey import then you might struggle to get Zeiss UK to touch it as they will have to stump up any repair costs having not seen the profit on the sale.

Does it have a global warranty?

Hi

No doubt when purchasing said scope you were aware of the potential for some agravation if warranty was likely to need to be evoked?

Zeiss-Conquest have a lifetime warranty, however, this seems (over the last couple of years) to need linking to an address US side when registering otherwise Zeiss-US will not register to consider warranty work. Zeiss-UK will not be interested as these scopes were for the US market only.

When trying to register my Zeiss-C's some were registered (albeit a few years ago) but more recently cant be done without an address in the US. You will need to post to the US address, have it moved on from there to Zeiss-US and then the reverse......

PM me if it may help.

L

I have done it before just send to the retailer or directly to Zeiss US. Mine got sorted really quick. Just mark the package properly as warranty repair and no sides should get charged any tax or duty.

I can,t see how a scope purchased abroad, cannot be serviced by the country you live in, I have moved around the world, and my leopold scopes are covered where ever I live. Contact Zeiss UK and insist they handle it. Don,t take the grey import crap, this is a smoke screen set up by UK dealers and was proved to be illegal when tried by the car sales industry.

the corporate entities for Zeiss US and Europe are financially and structurally independent in many respects and I would assume that since the US conquests are not the European specification then Zeiss Europe would not necessarily have the tooling or servicing parts. It's the principal of who made it and quality assured the product repairs it and at manufacture a product can be region specific to ensure that this can be done without major logistical issues for the customer.

I can,t see how a scope purchased abroad, cannot be serviced by the country you live in, I have moved around the world, and my leopold scopes are covered where ever I live. Contact Zeiss UK and insist they handle it. Don,t take the grey import crap, this is a smoke screen set up by UK dealers and was proved to be illegal when tried by the car sales industry.

I think you will find that depends upon the terms and conditions of the Warranty.

Some are restricted geographically - see, for example, the Zeiss Warranty in the US: Customer Service ZEISS Sports Optics | ZEISS United States

"Only products imported by Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. and purchased in the United States or Canada from authorized Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. dealers carry this Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty. Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc. will not provide warranty service for products purchased through unauthorized dealers."

And here's what they say on service and repairs of US goods:

"Service & Repair Information for Products outside USA/CAN
Any product exported or sold outside the United States and Canada must be returned to the original point of purchase, with a copy of the invoice or your product registration information. CONQUEST Riflescopes purchased in Australia and New Zealand must be returned to their respective, local authorized ZEISS distributors.

DO NOT return exported items directly to ZEISS from outside the United States. DO NOT return exported items directly to Gentec International from outside Canada. ZEISS and Gentec International cannot accept products from, or ship products to, locations outside the United States and Canada."

Compare that to the Leupold Warranty:

"With the Leupold Gold Ring Full Lifetime Guarantee, if your Leupold product doesn’t perform as promised, we will repair or replace it for free, whether you are the original owner or not—forever (excludes electronic components). You don’t need proof of ownership. Or a warranty card. And there’s no time limit."

With regards to returning the item to the US, make sure before you do that you have a suitable Return Material Authorisation (RMA) from Carl Zeiss Optical Inc. This is important as it should prevent the scope being stopped by HMRC on return, and should also ensure that you don't have anything to pay.

With goods that are repaired free of charge under a guarantee or warranty, you can claim total relief from Import Duty and VAT. However you will need to produce proof of your guarantee or warranty.

But be aware that if you are charged for the repair then Duty and VAT may be payable on the charge for the repair plus certain other costs.

If the goods are replaced, VAT (though not import duty) is potentially payable on the full customs value of the replacement goods.

The manufacturer normally takes care of all of this, though it pays to be diligent.

Thanks WG just goes to show there are lifetime guarantees and then there are real lifetime guarantees

Thanks folks
we have a method of getting it back to the states it would have been nice to shorten the chain and send it direct!

You can send it direct but they can't send it direct back
find a friend to accept it and ship it

been there done that
wirth it if you can though

zeiss UK don't have any parts for non UK items

I have one of those - I had Ziess replace the reticle for a heavier one.

I went to the source - Carl Ziess Germany - who sent it to the US. No paperwork involved at all - only the slip at the post office.

Cost me a hundred and thirty quid - was worth it, its a very good glass.

It took about three months though....

Back