Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything that can help?

Anything that can help?

Hi Everyone. A little cheeky but I have just secured my first deer ground so I am after anything that will be of use. High seats, High seat plans, game cameras, feeders, any advice for feeds to use etc etc etc, owt really that you think I may need to help.
    Many thanks-Rich

I made two h.s. from plans on basc a few years ago. A lean to and a free standing.They are heavy so i leave them in situ till i can get to them with the trailer. Portable ones can be had online, for less than 200.00,but nowhere near as comfy.. but easy to move (or get nicked ) jc

Spend hrs on the ground. If your not there you'll not shoot it.

Before you rush in its best to spend time walking your ground and youll see what you need you will find out where your deer favour and you probably wont need feeders, iam not a fan of them but sometimes you will have to use them , I like to stalk more than high seat shooting but some ground doesn't lend itself for that, good luck and enjoy

what you need is more than likely already there chap, don't go and build a new housing estate on what could be already ideal, you know the rules watch/look/listen, get yourself a extendable light ladder.
    how far is it from home?
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

It is about 15 minutes from home. Ground is as flat as a pancake

What you need to be successful is simple

eh......deer

Seriously tho ..... As said Dinnae rush to pull a trigger ... Spend time on ground see where they like & when thru the day ....
    Then go from there

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Sniper View Post
    It is about 15 minutes from home. Ground is as flat as a pancake
    what you seeing then, or been told to call it 'first deer ground'

15 mins away, spot on, no need to camp out then too long to see the movements
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

Lucky Sniper - Maybe if you gave is some sort of an idea of how much time you have spent on your "deer permission" and what you have done or seen so far we might be able to help you out a little more mate, even if it's only with a bit of advice!

ATB

Ok I have had about 3-4 hours on it myself, just mooching, no rifle just binnys. A mate of mine has been shooting it for over 6 years but not touching the deer, he just shoots the pigeons and pheasants but has said that he always sees deer, sometimes 5 or more each time he visits. The first time I went down I saw a roe buck and 3 does and plenty of slots. The next time I visited I saw a buck and a doe. Today I saw 3 does. He has parsnips in 2 fields with damage as in this pic, is this deer damage?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parsnips.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	64741
    Last edited by Lucky Sniper; 29-12-2015 at 09:26.