Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking ground offered please advise... thanks

Stalking ground offered please advise... thanks

Hi,

about a month ago(before i was a member) i went to see some stalking land that was for let.. it had some guns on it (4/5) and some vacancies(2/3) have came up due to recession. its 2500 acre approx mostly roe with some red. i was shown all round the land as it has great roads through it. to be honest i had to tell him to go back to his house because i was sick looking at it. i was sold on the idea of joining but i like most have had a bad year business not been the best.. i declined his offer due only to money, however i have now managed to get it together and i was going to contact him. i was introduced to him via a stalking agency so all seems above board and the guy sells himself well. now i am on here i was wondering if anyone can advise me how good this area is or if they know it. any info appreciated (pm appreciated). moneys hard got these days so every penny counts. land is west of challoch and based round a rather large loch.. consists of three woods by SW.

thanks all. f.

sorry Challoch is near Newton Stewart Scotland...
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 13-05-2010 at 12:33. Reason: provide more info on location

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    There should be some previous years cull figures, always a good start to look at them, the majority are advertised with these readily available to future shooting tennants.

If you have been on the ground, you should have seen signs of deer, even if not seeing the deer, another good indication.

Again, depends on the price for the year, if you can afford to go in for a year, nothing ventured, nothing gained. If it doesn't work out then don't go in next year.

You could try to track down other members of the ground or indeed the previous members.

Only you can make the decision, if you think X amount is worth X amount of deer a year, then pay it, if you dont then don't pay.

Good Luck

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

There are two names that spring to mind immediately, both joined at the hip.
    If it is who I think it is, you can guarrantee there will be more than just a few of you stalking it!
    Are the initials JM or JW..

regards
    griff

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    There are two names that spring to mind immediately, both joined at the hip.
    If it is who I think it is, you can guarrantee there will be more than just a few of you stalking it!
    Are the initials JM or JW..

regards
    griff
    hi griff

thats the duo, surprisingly 220 views and no one else knows about it. well no one has contacted me anyway...

cheers

f.

mmmm yip that's the way, 20 looking to help and 200 hoping to get in before you,

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    mmmm yip that's the way, 20 looking to help and 200 hoping to get in before you,
    YOU SAID IT. thats why people dont ask for assistance as sometimes their grass will be cut.

if its any help i have looked at land and freind joined load of crap the bloke is full of **** he is jm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Badge View Post
    if its any help i have looked at land and freind joined load of crap the bloke is full of **** he is jm
    Spot on!

Hello, I live pretty close to there and have shot at Newton for a while. Certainly big beasts in the area!! Don't know what land it would be though! I had seen a few dozen fallow lying in a field behind the housing estate and regularly nearly hit them with the car!