Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your xmas day.

Your xmas day.

How does your day work?
    Walk the dogs? dig up some fresh veg? Go to church? Go to the pub?
    Me .. visit the grandkids early, home by 11 ish. Then open my bottle of Scotch and cook the roast dinner .... there is one other thing I`ve promised myself this year, I haven`t spoken to my mum in a long, long time so tomorrow I`m picking up the phone.
    Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, spare a moment to raise a glass to those who are no longer with us, those that are serving overseas, those that have to spend their Christmas in hospital and those that I haven`t mentioned.
    John.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Merry Christmas John.

Dom
    "Eagles may soar, but, Weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines" Anon

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    How does your day work?
    Walk the dogs? dig up some fresh veg? Go to church? Go to the pub?
    Me .. visit the grandkids early, home by 11 ish. Then open my bottle of Scotch and cook the roast dinner .... there is one other thing I`ve promised myself this year, I haven`t spoken to my mum in a long, long time so tomorrow I`m picking up the phone.
    Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, spare a moment to raise a glass to those who are no longer with us, those that are serving overseas, those that have to spend their Christmas in hospital and those that I haven`t mentioned.
    John.
    Merry Christmas too,and make sure you do phone.You only have one mum
    Atb
    dave

Get up. Um, keep out of way, light fire, job done for the day, start drinking, continue drinking, ensure drink consumed stays consumed., eat dinner. Repeat.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I've Got a mate and his lady friend coming for Christmas dinner. Turkey with all the bits and I made a carrot cake today that we will have for pud. My daughter was over last weekend with her man and we had a little Christmas then. Will walk the dogs while the trukey cooks.
    I'm down south working the spaniels on a pheasant shoot Boxing day.

God Jul Och Skit jakt i 2016

First of all John have a Very Merry Christmas. Whatever you do PLEASE do phone your Mum and try to patch up any differences you have. You may have a great many friends but you will only ever have one mother!
    For me Christmas has already got under way. We have finished with all the functions we had arranged for the elderly residents with the last one today being a Carol Service by the Rossendale Scouts band this morning. I followed that with a visit to my next door neighbour who I had to help the other night after she had had a fall and I promised her that I would visit her on Christmas Eve and have a little "tipple" with her and make sure that she was OK - It turns out that her daughter is coming tomorrow to pick her up for a Christmas day with her daughter and Grand Children.
    My brother in law and his partner came last night so Warren (The brother in law) and I shared the company of a good friend called Jack Daniels. My eldest step son came this afternoon and spent a couple of hours with us and collected a (Very full) Christmas dinner for him and his brother so now Marlene and I have at last got some time to ourselves.
    My car keys are now put away and Marlene has a nice large glass of port and lemon and I have a bottle of Single Malt that has just been opened.
    Tomorrow "The Boss" will be woken with her morning cuppa and then left alone for half an hour to wake up. Presents will then be opened and Marlene will start on the Christmas dinner while I have a walk about and visit some of the residents who I know will be on their own for the day and come dinner time before we sit down for our dinner we will take round a Full Christmas dinner to the neighbours who would not normally get one.
    After that the rest of the day will (Hopefully) be our own.
    On Boxing Day I am duty chef and will be doing a roast venison dinner.
    Without wanting to hijack this thread may I take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. May all of your hopes and dreams come true.
    Take care and have a really great time all!

long day,

walk the dog, visit my Mum, walk dog, cook dinner for wife (recovering from and op) and son (who will arrive just in time and leave once diner is complete, walk dog. sit in front of lots of boring TV in between times.

Not my favorite day of the year but hope all SD members have a good one

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Up early, walk dogs, have breakfast, go to church, prepare for neighbours coming round, serve sloe-gasms and dam-gasms, go to pub for lunch, walk dogs, sit down, pass wind, pass out.....end of.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Up early, walk dogs, have breakfast, go to church, prepare for neighbours coming round, serve sloe-gasms and dam-gasms, go to pub for lunch, walk dogs, sit down, pass wind, pass out.....end of.
    Classic!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Get up let dogs out, got my boy who'll be 9 in 2 days, his first air gun! A bear grills junior. 177, got him a remmington knock down target and some targets that are like fire works, I don't think I've ever looked forward to a Christmas as much before!!!! Christmas dinner then let dogs out again. Hope every SD member a great has a great Christmas, all the very best.