Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing from Germany

Importing from Germany

Looking at importing a drilling from Germany from a dealer to my RFD. I am aware that the process has changed slightly - anyone done this recently or can offer any advice/brief overview? An idea of what it cost you would also be really helpful.

Thanks!

I know this doesn't particularly answer your question but I have two rifles on my FAC that I bought in Germany. I just drove over there and got the seller to enter them on my FAC and drove home and told my FLO. Obviously I had slots for them both.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Quote Originally Posted by jcf1 View Post
    Looking at importing a drilling from Germany from a dealer to my RFD. I am aware that the process has changed slightly - anyone done this recently or can offer any advice/brief overview? An idea of what it cost you would also be really helpful.

Thanks!
    jcf1,

You say "my RFD". I would assume that this is a proper relationship, therefore "your" RFD knows what he is doing and will charge an agreed fee

Stan

The German rfd needs an export permission from his Landratsamt and also an import paper for the UK. Klaus Pickert tel 00499231 72900 knows the system well.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    The German rfd needs an export permission from his Landratsamt and also an import paper for the UK.
    Not exactly. For personal import the seller will require a Transfer Licence at his end. There is no import paper for the UK end - an open slot on the purchasers FAC is his authority to purchase and import. No need for RFD involvement as it can be sent direct to the purchaser.

The subject has been covered on a number of recent threads so a forum search will throw up the relevant posts and links.

If it's being arranged by an RFD then I'm surprised they don't already know what to do?
    Last edited by Orion; 25-12-2015 at 20:15.

I prefer the sounds of it being sent direct, seems a cheaper option. In fairness I've not yet approached my local RFD to see if its a process he is familiar with yet. Thanks for the info/experiences folks.

Bargains to be had on eGun - Der Marktplatz ftzen und Angler !
    Drilling
    Sauer & Sohn
    Kal. 16/70 - 8x57 JRS
    Krieghoff EL
    Kal .22 Hornet
    und
    Schmidt & Bender ZF
    2,5-10x56

So, a 16 Bore SxS, a .22 Hornet, an 8mm deer calibre and a S&B 2.5-10x

Set trigger for the rh barrel, left barrel regulated to sights for slug at 50m, rear sight leaf articulates mechanically up from the rib when you select the rifle barrel..........

870 the lot !!

Me? I've got one already!

Ian
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Pine Martin went through the process a year / 18 months ago. Do a search or pm him.

And yours is a cracker Ian. I remember being very envious when you brought it round. I've just bought a beautiful hand built example in 8x57ir. No einstecklauf but a beautiful thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Pine Martin went through the process a year / 18 months ago. Do a search or pm him.
    He did, but I think I may not have answered yet as when on holiday, I don't spend as much time in front of a computer!
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"