Thread: The wrong trousers Gromit!!!

The wrong trousers Gromit!!!

BASC are undoubtedly the wrong vehicle for any that want to shoot into the future. That's all I am going to say! Wish SACS had the membership count.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I am a basc member because I HAVE to be, not because I think it 's the right way forward.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I don't want discount on 4x4's, I want real interaction with the lawmakers.
    I don't want glossy magazines quarterly, I want real meeting of minds with shooters & lawmakers, quarterly would be good!
    I don't want shoot planning foisted on me when the future is unsure, I want ideas for the future to deal with the future!

Get a grip you lot at basc, our future is your future! Rant over for now!

I'm with NGO because of what you are feeling.

I'm a huge fan. I think it's a very well run organisation that delivers a wide range of services to a very high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothunter View Post
    I'm a huge fan. I think it's a very well run organisation that delivers a wide range of services to a very high level.
    Might you be involved at a level above the grass roots?

Would you be happy to list said wondrous services/benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Might you be involved at a level above the grass roots?
    No, I'm not involved at all. I'm an ordinary member and I deal with them professionally as a third party, almost rivals, you might say. I have no reason at all to speak up for them, except that I think they're very good.

I've been involved in the lobbying industry one way or another for thirty years; I've never worked for or with basc, but I've seen them operate at close quarters and they're extremely professional and effective.

Obviously they often don't get the outcomes shooters want, but they generally get more than we would have got if it wasn't for them. They don't make the laws; they're the voice of an overlooked and unpopular minority. It's not their fault that shooting is in that position; it's where we are in society.

I think their commercial operations seem very professional; their firearms advice is the reference point for the industry; their training is also a sector reference point; all the staff I've dealt with have been thoroughly professional. The (many) ones I have met have all been shooting people through and through.

I have no vested interest at all. It's just my experience/opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I don't want discount on 4x4's, I want real interaction with the lawmakers.
    I don't want glossy magazines quarterly, I want real meeting of minds with shooters & lawmakers, quarterly would be good!
    I don't want shoot planning foisted on me when the future is unsure, I want ideas for the future to deal with the future!

Get a grip you lot at basc, our future is your future! Rant over for now!
    +1 I agree. I joined WAGBI in the sixties (to gain access for wildfowling parts of the Solway) BASC seems to me to have accelerated control to be a money making machine.
    IMO,Some of these orgs wont stop expanding till they have all country sports monopolised to their benefit,not ours...john