Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bacup starting to flood (Video)

Bacup starting to flood (Video)

We were expecting family today but got a phone call from my sister in law who lives near Todmorden to say that the flood warning sirens were going off in Wallsden at 07:30 this morning and now the area is under water, and so are parts of Todmorden.
    Our son phoned a few minutes later to say that he had been out and couldn't believe what he saw. There was flooding with water up to the bottom of peoples windows and cars were under water from the flooding.
    I had to go down into Bacup to get a few things from the shop and took my video camera. Here is a little of what I filmed!
    Before you watch the video we should all put some thoughts to those unfortunate folk a little further north than us who have lost everything for the third time in the last month. My heart goes out to them and to anyone else who has suffered from flooding problems recently!

Last edited by FrenchieBoy; 26-12-2015 at 14:02.

I know we are fed up with the rain down here and the mud, when dealing with our horses, but to see this my heart goes out to the people having to deal with this.
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

I'm now worried. The becks either side my house are level which directly feed the lake at the back of my house. The ducks have buggered off which is strange. The lake is level at the edge of my garden. Still another seven hours off rain to go.
    Road gullies are full. The sheep I front of my house are under the trees at the hill in front off the house.

Quote Originally Posted by kimh View Post
    I know we are fed up with the rain down here and the mud, when dealing with our horses, but to see this my heart goes out to the people having to deal with this.
    Yes, my thoughts exactly. I am very fortunate in the fact that I am on high ground and not at risk. However I can do nothing except think how some of the unfortunate folk that have suffered from this flooding must be feeling after losing everything for the third time in the last month.
    If there was something that we could do I'm sure that there would be no hesitation from a huge amount of SD members who would be more than willing to step up to the plate to help!

Hi Frenchie.
    My Mrs works in Lumbutts. She had to turn back at Mytholmroyd. Her Boss told her not to bother turning in. Having seen Walsden is flooded she could have not even done the Ripponden-Blackstone Edge- Littleborough route.
    The Weather is truly Bizarre. Some heartache in the Calder Valley today.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Yes, my thoughts exactly. I am very fortunate in the fact that I am on high ground and not at risk. However I can do nothing except think how some of the unfortunate folk that have suffered from this flooding must be feeling after losing everything for the third time in the last month.
    If there was something that we could do I'm sure that there would be no hesitation from a huge amount of SD members who would be more than willing to step up to the plate to help!
    yep the SD is the homeguard of the UK as riflemen who also have hearts.
    good luck weeman and to all in it's wake
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

stay safe guys

My lads have got here safely and taken some photos of the floods on the way.
    The first is Littleboro and the second is Hebden Bridge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	64721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_5.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	64722

Ah, but the flood victims can sit back and bask in the knowledge that a large part of their flood defence fund was sent abroad by the government to bolster flood defences in some foreign country.

I bet that gives them a wonderful warm feeling inside

The govt should declare the area a disaster zone and ask europe for money and assistance as this situation is way way beyond chucking a few squaddies in armed with sand bags...cameron should be up there not off on ferking holiday....Hugh.