A Trip To the South. And a brilliant shop.

Sam

As some off you may be aware I have been on the hunt to upgrade my Binoculars recentlyand having chatted to a few people I had found a couple of Camera/Optics shops that had some nice optics in. Unfortunatley they were both in Barth (or Bath. If you can talk properly :evil:) so a nice trip on the train followed (typing as I ride home) and I ended up In the London Camera Exchange. They had a pair of 10x42 Leica BR's in which were very nice, but I was unimpressed by their manner. So I tootled off the next shop on my list, Ace Cameras/Optics. Here I spoke to a very nice chap who showed me their frankly vast (I counted about 20 pairs) supply of high end second hand binos. He was very freindly, and let me try pretty much everthing I wanted without any fuss - even though I made it clear it was out of my price range. I settled on a pair of Swarovski SLC 7x42's, they were priced at £799 but with a bit of haggling (Im from yorkshire...its a given) I got them down to £630. Anyway, as I type I am looking at a pair of shiny second hand Swarovskis, and longing for dusk :)

http://www.acecameras.co.uk/

A very happy Customer

Sam

Sam I am with you on this, traditional Binos of qualitiy are unbeatable at dusk, but i am itching to try some of these new generation binos with lazer rang finders, they seem to perk my techno cravings!

sam ,

your investment will be worth while i will asure you !

i went from 10x42 bushnell h2o's to 10x50 leica ultravids , they are a world apart !

i must not grumble at the bushell though a hell of alot of animals were spotted with those binoculars and they served me well for nearly 10 yrs !

did the package arrive all ok ?

cheers lee

Sam,you will be very happy with your buy mate,I bought a pair of Leica Geovids 10x42HD's from London Camera Exchange in 'BAFF'(as we call it down here)and got them for £1500.00 which was a very good buy,so,I guess it could of been down to who you got to serve you mate.Well done anyway...........'M'

Good buy with the bins, I'm sure you'll be impressed with them at dusk.

I'm with you on bigging up Ace Optics on service and price.

After recently having the good fortune to score a new Swaro ATM80HD spotting scope for really silly money, I thought I'd treat myself to a decent tripod and a camera adaptor to go with it.

I spent about an hour in the shop with the guy on a busy Saturday trying out various combinations and a couple of different lenses for my DSLR, and eventually walked away with a deal that I couldn't better anywhere. A big thumbs up for them. :thumb:

Well Im glad so many others agree with me! Justifying that much on optics to mother was hard!

did the package arrive all ok ?

cheers lee

Thanks Lee,

They arrived today. Just had a look, if they dont shoot well I could probably poke the deer over with them :eek: They are very long!

Will load 'em up In preperation fro the rifles' arrival.

atb

Sam

Back