Thread: Nv options

Nv options

Hi I'm struggling with a nv add on. I just wondered what you guys use?
    I have adapted my stock to give better eye relief but lop is horrible. I was thinking of a photon xt as it's similar to a normal scope position.
    I can't get use to the screen type add on units.

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    Hi I'm struggling with a nv add on. I just wondered what you guys use?
    I have adapted my stock to give better eye relief but lop is horrible. I was thinking of a photon xt as it's similar to a normal scope position.
    I can't get use to the screen type add on units.
    Ward D Vision 700, digital add on

I have heard various things about these. What range are they good for?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I think you posted this in the wrong section,

but I had the same issues way back when I had a pvs14, I hated the long lop and the head position, I then purchased the photon, great wee scope for the money,

but since then I have gone dedicated with the drone pro x10 and use it both day and night. I have to say I am very happy with it, in fact I was looking at selling my current drone and going for the new colour drone 10x, this would mean 1 rifle for both day and night use. so I could then sell on both my older black and white drone and my second 20 tactical rifle.

I have also heard and seen the new 6.5 photon is good for the money and the ward d700 is good, all the above are a near eye display and digital so if I was you and had the chance to look at them all, then you know fine well what's next.

you have to make the choice as we can only say what we prefer,

I wish you well.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    PS:

I have been shooting target out to 300+ with the drone in the dark and hitting a 8" gone in the day light with the current black and white drone,

I cant comment on the photon or the ward d700 as I have only played with them for a few minutes etc.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hi Danban,
    i was in the same boat as you and in the end got a Photon XT, it's like looking through a normal scope so feels comfortable, with the right IR torch (NM800) I can see further than I need to shoot. For bunnies and close stuff the built in IR is more than adequate.
    Just noticed you're in Suffolk, you're welcome to a try with my XT.
    PM me with phone nos.
    Cheers Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    I have heard various things about these. What range are they good for?
    You need to match the day scope to suit the wardy, high end scopes with decent coatings filter out the IR too much and you get a fuzzy image. With mine on the Hawke sidewinder at 20x and a B67 IR illuminator I was able to identify a hare at a lasered 198 yards by the dark tips on its ears. In good conditions you would have a good enough picture to shoot at fox at 350 yards

Dan your inbox is full can you please delete some messages then can you please contact me regarding you receiving my payment.

Dave