Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 26mm (NOT 1") rings for 3/8" picatinny rail, 42mm objective.

Established Poster

26mm (NOT 1") rings for 3/8" picatinny rail, 42mm objective.

Hi,
    I've treated my rimfire to a DIP 3/8" picatinny rail and hex head bolt and screw set, I just need to source some rings to suit. I've got a S&B 6x42 with 26mm tube not standard 25.4mm and I'm struggling to find off the shelf rings, I can find rings/bases but not standard weaver/picatinny ones.

I've messaged sportsmatch but they won't open a set out for me even though they do it their other 26mm mounts.

Any ideas where I can pick a set up? Won't be till Jan pay packet now as its our twins birthday on 3rd. I'm also after a spare stock to suit a cz452 varmint .22lr if anyone has one kicking about, any style or make considered.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Gary

Have you looked at Recknagel from Alan Rhone. http://www.alanrhone.com/products-recknagel-scoperings.html

They seem to be one of the few companies that still produce 26mm rings for Picitinny rails.

It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Another alternative would be to use delrin ring reducer 30mm to 26mm from brownells, worked for me.
    Politicians are like nappies,they should be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbituntr View Post
    Another alternative would be to use delrin ring reducer 30mm to 26mm from brownells, worked for me.
    I forgot about that option and I've got such a set up on one of my rifles.

Of course another option that hasn't been mentioned is to use 1"/26mm Optilock rings and bases. Optilocks make a weaver/picitinny base system but the combined cost isn't cheap.

Leupold do STD rings in 26mm.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Leupold do STD rings in 26mm.
    MS
    I think that they are discontinued now MS but I may be wrong. In any case the Op wants to fit the rings to a picitinny rail that he has had fitted to his rifle.

A similar sort of question arises frequently so there must be a few of us around still with 26mm scopes. You would have thought that the likes of Sportsmatch would have recognised a niche market and produced 26mm weaver/picitinny rings.
    Last edited by 8x57; 27-12-2015 at 13:08.

Established Poster
    Thanks for the replies guys some of them prices are crazy though!

I've found a company called EMMA custom rifles who might have some secondhand ones in stock, failing that I'll go down the delrin insert route with sportsmatch mounts. I'm surprised there aren't more (affordable) options available, even more surprised sportsmatch couldn't lap some out seems as that's what they've done to make my existing 11mm mounts.

Thanks again for the replies.

Gary

Established Poster
    I forgot ask what height rings people are using for a 42 objective, medium or can you squeeze them on lows?

Quote Originally Posted by bicykillgaz View Post
    I forgot ask what height rings people are using for a 42 objective, medium or can you squeeze them on lows?
    That would depend on your actual scope and if it extends out over the rail or not which will give extra barrel clearance. My guess would be that with most combinations low scope rings will probably work.