Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The PM`s Cobra meetings.

The PM`s Cobra meetings.

Just what do you think happens in these `Emergency` meetings?
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

These are the meetings that the people who really run the country(senior civil servants) tell the Ministers what they want to hear.......

They have very good biscuits though - Fortnum and Mason I suspect....
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I work in emergency response in the oil industry and did a short attachment in civil emergency planning.

Based on what they decide threat level wise at the Cobra meeting, resources etc are allocated / pre positioned. One thing I found hard to get my head around, because it's very cold and hard is the calculated death tolls. It's generally assumed that any mass casualty event will overwhelm hospital morge facilities so temporary morge facilities are brought in. For example during the Olympics tucked away around the corner was a temporary large capacity morge.

So I guess at the Cobra meetings there's some nice biscuits and sandwiches with the crusts cut off, but once they've finished there's quite a lot of work done behind the scenes.
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Is it me or is everybody slightly disappointed when they find that cobra stands for 'cabinet office briefing room A'?

Said meetings and full scale action would have been swifter if, for example, the gated communities of Surrey and the like were looking like flooding....

I don't think the Bullingdon Club give a rats *ss about flooding anywhere it doesn't affect them, theirs or their interests!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyluv View Post
    Is it me or is everybody slightly disappointed when they find that cobra stands for 'cabinet office briefing room A'?
    It should be called COBBLERS! We've had flooding in Lancs and Cumbria for nearly 2 weeks due to poor defenses.

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Ok I'm on a lot of drugs (prescription) at the moment and may have missed the point! What a knob!

So in the instance of the flooding... Well it makes it look as if there doing something... Let's hope there biscuits don't get too soggy and drop off in there tea....

Apologies - back in the room now!
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Taken from another forum, it appears they can't do anything constructive even if they wanted to.

Flooding cause that the Government would rather keep to itself - Chronicle Live

SD Regular
    Like this. I am told. "War Book". Except for real. Here's the trailer. I am sure that you can find it in its full version somewhere. The whole is better than the trailer.

Last edited by enfieldspares; 27-12-2015 at 23:53.