Thread: Your thoughts.

Your thoughts.

Hello guys , I was in Bavaria just before Christmas shooting wild boar , and had the pleasure of using a blazer R9 with a swaro scope. And to be honest I fell in love with that rifle. Taking 4 boar with it.

I was thinking of selling my 223. 243 and getting a variation on my 308 and buying one.

Now here's my question.

Ive two permissions , when I first put in for a 308 one of the farms was cleared for 308. The other was not.

The wording on my ticket now states that " .308 tikka bold action rifle for shooting deer and vermin on land over which the holder has permission to shoot with that class of firearm from the person by whom shooting rights are owned "

does this mean mean I have an open ticket to shoot a 308 on this ground now ?

If not then I would need to keep the 243

brian

Pretty much - provided you have permission from the holder of the shooting rights to use a 308 then you can use it. It matters not whether or not the land has been cleared. The fly in the ointment of course is whether or not the holder of the shooting rights is comfortable.

Chances are are when you Putin for you variation it will come back with any lawful quarry and on land where you have lawful permission to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Pretty much - provided you have permission from the holder of the shooting rights to use a 308 then you can use it. It matters not whether or not the land has been cleared. The fly in the ointment of course is whether or not the holder of the shooting rights is comfortable.

Chances are are when you Putin for you variation it will come back with any lawful quarry and on land where you have lawful permission to shoot.

Thanks. This is pretty much what I thought. I called the firearms office but they are on holiday.