Napier apex predator roe sack or harkila fenja roe sack

Kjf

Ey up all,

I'm after a new roe sack ,I've looked at the Napier apex and the harkila fenja,

Is the apex one any good??, i like the idea that it's a bum bag that can be turned into a sack but the harkila one looks better quality

Any body got the above?? Comments\reveiws are welcome

PS has any one got a roe sack knocking about that they are willing to sell??

Atb

Kjf

I brought Apex recently, only had chance to use it a couple of times so cant comment on its long term use or reliability but so far very impressed with it. Bum bag holds all I need

I've had the harkila one a few years now. Had a fallow pricket in it no problem. Use it for transporting all my gear, been hiking and camping in the Scottish hills with it. Good bit of kit.

I bought a Ogden one at the Scottish game fair folds away to a bumbag and into a backpack for carrying roe the quality is ten times that of apex I can't seem to find a link on the web for it thou

Well I'm not a big roe sack person really my previous being a poppins now sold on but my pal has the harkila sack .i shot 3 fallow yesterday a 75lb doe and 2x55lb buck fawns with no means of extraction they had to be packed out ...very wet going too wet for the bike without a bollocking .
the buck fawns fitted easily and I'm sure the doe would have too but that came out kiwi style .very comfy with plenty of adjustment .
norma

Thanks for all the replies gents,

Thanks to DDF I'm picking one up off Phil tomorrow ,so all sorted now

Atb

Kjf

I'm a self-confessed collector of carrying equipment for stalking as it annoys me how much gear you need to take & there's no one system that does everything. I currently use about 4 different bags/sacks for different situations.

My most used method is a cheap bum-bag with a Yool sack tucked in; this means I can carry all my gralloching & first aid kit plus snacks & still have my shoulders free.

I also have the Harkila roe sack & for certain conditions it's ideal. It's noisy if a branch touches it & the fabric folds to give hard corners that are guaranteed to scratch your rifle. What it excels at is long distance hikes with long carry-outs as it's makes carrying a load just about as comfortable as it can be over a few miles. Here's a tip (see photo) if you're hiking with the Harkila sack & not expecting a deer to jump out in front of you (I would normally have the rifle in a very light cover).

View attachment 64850

Last edited:
Back