fox call

Are these similar/same as our Tenterfield and Silva whistles, folded tin with a hole centred near the folded edge?

look on tinterweb there are a few videos showing you how to make one i tried it and it works well i also have a tenterfield and they sound very similar-

got two of the best fox calls. maybe need more practise with them. saw how to make a fox call on youtube. try it when i get back from work. thanks guys.

As said earlier, there are good videos on YouTube on how to make your own Tenterfield whistles, by drilling different sized holes, you can alter the pitch slightly.

The Best Fox call ones are well made, but remember they are easy to use (eventually !) BUT also VERY easy to LOSE !!!! :cry:

So maybe use a lanyard a round your neck and put them in a small box or easy seal clear bag and put in back in the same pocket, each time after use, when you need to use it, you know where it is.

This is may sound so wrong !
( But it will help you ! )
Before you go out foxing and use a Tenterfield out in the field, i recommend that you practise with them first, on your own, either in your car, garage or house !
Have a towel or tissue ready to wipe up your dribble, it's gonna happen at first !!!
:lol:

Good luck using it.
: )

1/2" copper pipe about 2" long, flatten both ends and fold on themselves closing the ends? drill a hole in the centre of the pipe straight through, 1/8", debur one hole, making it tappered and opening the 1/8" up a bit

hold it in your mouth (like a dickybow?), suck and blow, high's, rasps, squeak's are obtainable by using both sides

if you then drill a smaller hole in one of the flats you can attach a lanyard

that sounds a good idea kimh, lost my andre one. broke my heart the amount of foxes it called in. think am getting old and forgetfull!!!!!!!

Or , instead of going to the expense of buying/making one why not just use your hand and practice squeaking, works for me, I can imitate a rabbit distress call better than any bought bit if kit. give it a try and keep practicing you will be surprised how quick you will pick it up ( and even better you aint gonna loose it )

Or , instead of going to the expense of buying/making one why not just use your hand and practice squeaking, works for me, I can imitate a rabbit distress call better than any bought bit if kit. give it a try and keep practicing you will be surprised how quick you will pick it up ( and even better you aint gonna loose it )

As soon as I started reading that as a piece of innuendo I found it difficult not to.

thats very true john.g and i have called in more foxes by hand than i will ever with any call but i will say that calls do have there place im not a fan of the electronic ones at all but you can certainly get some volume out of the mouth calls that you wouldnt by using your hand and ive called foxes from several hundred yards away using the best fox call that said i also think that the best fox call can also be to loud at times and if i was out calling foxes to me i would never go straight to it as i genuinly think it would spook as many close foxes as it would call

Back