2016 stalking plans

weeman

Ok, 2016 is just around the corner, what are your stalking plans for 2016.......??

Mine is to get my first cwd which will have me completed red, roe, fallow, sika, boar, muntjac, goat in this country.
Also to get out shooting with a few mates.

I'm out after roe does and a reccy of my new syndicate grounds this weekend,

I've still not grassed fallow or Sika so I'm gonna book a weekend on the fallow again with GAP180, then hopefully get out for sika,

its just boar and goat then ,

atb

kjf

Try and get more Taxidermy work completed as I am behind with orders. Also with bookings already coming in for Roe buck season I am starting in late May again and hope to finish by late July as i usually do. With luck I will get out with Sandra and the hounds ourselves and take a couple of bucks.
The diary is full from January right through to mid March and the coming year in Scotland is also booked already. Off to Finland in January to hunt Whitetail with two good friends, so looking forward to that.

Thank you to everyone that booked and hunted with me this past year, and also in the forth coming year. I hope 2016 brings good fortune and health to you all.

Taken on more ground so I need to do it justice. Probably start on level 2. Other than that, up to Scotland a bit more (usually go for a week on the hinds but will get up after a stag). Would also like to hunt Sika.

the same as this year for me, hope my roe make a recovery from the total hiding the neigbour has given them over the last 3 years ive got a couple about at the minute but the numbers are so low i cant bring myself to take one it just wouldnt be right

My modest plans are to get out for a couple of days paid stalking and maybe do a DSC1 course. Will depend on how things go with the changes in the wind cannot make any concrete plans as there is a chance we might be moving.

Just going to try and get out more, grass a few more roe and possibly get out with a couple of mates for Sika & muntjac. Put some time in with the dog and enjoy it
ILB

See if i can catch a break and get some decent weather,last four outings i would have been better off taking a boat rod!! still a bad day out is better than a good one in,i,m out again to,morrow but only because a mate needs a mentor he,s not allowed on his own,,i hope everyone stays safe for the new year ,if possible and the cash flow permits? maybe try for something different just roe so far,happy new year to friends old and new,:D

To try and secure the larger of two christmas tree farms I shoot. I've been controlling rabbits and the occasional deer on a small one for the last 18 months so hope that the hard work and time spent on the ground will help me convince the owners I can help with the larger place too. It hasn't been shot for quite a while as the previous stalker took the P and had friends and all sorts going out with him that they weren't too keen on.

To make sure our fallow and red cull number are done by the end of February. That gives me an easy March. All the best for the new year and happy hunting to every one on the SD site.

ok for me its having a year off taking guests out, friends and family only for 2016, also away to Poland at the pigs, and Sweden for moose. my son is 15 now and I have booked him for his first goat with Colin, Solway stalker from SD, also taking him to Ireland for a sika stag. All the very best for 2016 to all from SD.

Roe buck in May with my son on his wonderful ground in Wiltshire, then off to Namibia with mates hunting Red Hartebeast, Oryx and Kudu. Autumn after my first Sika and then up to Scotland to meet my good friends from Finland to hopefully get a Red stag or two. Other than that not much going on really;)
Tusker

Well 2015 the plan was to buy rifles (done) and a shotgun (done) and get out a bit more to use them (which I've done on the stalking front even though I've not had many deer, I've been out a good number of times). For 2016 my plan is to finally get out after some live quarry with the shotgun, which I am in January thanks to a generous invitation. My 22 still hasn't been "blooded" either, although hopefully tonight will be it's debut!

A Fallow session with Malc in February and March, some door knocking and range time during the summer, then back with Malc November-ish.

looking forward to hinds with Colin ,completing dsc2 and learning to chill out a bit more instead of rushing around last but not least a sika not fussed just a sika

I would like to get another rifle. Possibly a. 6.5x55.
Then get out lots more!
I would also like a dedicated nv fox rifle.

Back