A good workman will always try to have the best tools to hand.

I would agree, with the proviso that a good workman will do good work with poor quality tools, a bad one can have the best tools in the world and they wont make his work any better.

I've just bought another rifle - and its not a R93!

Funnily enough so have I :cool: .

I try to acquire quality tools as they last and tend to do a better job and that goes for almost everything. However it's getting difficult what with the cost cutting in the worship of GGEP:-

The Great God Excessive Profit

Sadly even once good names now produce some real crappy tools. I brought a new torque wrench a few years back to do the wheels bearings on the Citroen and on the first use the 3/4" frive square sheared off. Took it back and they exchanged it no problems. My nephew borrowed it a few months ago and that's the last I ever saw of it :mad:.

Sadly I have got to replace a lot of hand tools due to some filthy banger racer type springing the lock ups door and nicking my toolbox and socket sets and fo course decent Whitworth stuff is hard to find now :cry:. OF course Plod was not interested :rolleyes:.

but sometimes the importer sends the wrong tool

Yeah one time we used to amke the toosl and actually export them before they shut it all down so the could worship GGEP even more.

Back