Atec Hertz v Atec Maxim Titan

woollyback

My new rifle is due to arrive in January but I'm still unsure of which moderator to finish it off. I've been reading countless threads, reviews and watching videos (sad I know) to try settle on one but as yet, I've not managed to do so.

I am tending to lean toward Atec due to their established connection with Blaser and the fact they offer .264 specific mods - anyway long story short, on paper the Maxim Titan is very appealing as too are the new Hertz range but the Atec website is currently under maintenance [I assume].

Does anyone have any experience with either the Maxim Titan or the Hertz 119/150?

Thanks in advance

I think the Maxim is being phased out by the newer Hertz

I've tried the Hertz on a 6x47 and .270 and its quite impressive

Anyone else tried either mod? The aluminium body and titanium baffles on the Maxim Titan certainly seems a good compromise to get a light yet affordable mod

I have a Hertz 119 and a standard Maxim. Both light weight and very effective. The Hertz in particular is excellent and doesn't upset the balance of a 22in sporter barrel.

I have the atec hertz on my 6.5x55 and I'm well impressed with it , I had the ase sl5 but the hertz 119 balences the rifle better being reflex type , and it's lighter

I have the atec hertz on my 6.5x55 and I'm well impressed with it , I had the ase sl5 but the hertz 119 balences the rifle better being reflex type , and it's lighter

Jimsim, that's very reassuring thanks! Which calibre mod did you end up choosing to fit the 6.5x55? I too have an ASE SL5 on my 6.5 but it's a .30 as recommended by Jackson Rifles but sound reduction isn't great due to the bigger hole

That's funny mate mine was the .30cal ase sl5 , the hertz I have is calibre specific being 6.5mm , alot better sound reduction , hardly any muzzle flip , just alot better mod in my opinion

Back