Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Martin back in the news

Reading between the lines from a number of reports, the 'suspicion' appears to have been that someone from one of the news organisations interviewed him about this old boy who has topped his wife, and he has supposedly said that the country is awash with illegal guns and somehow inferred that he still has one.

now, it's not very clear what happens there , it appears clear that he is a cantankerous old ******* who likes being the centre of attention, and it's possible that he said something outrageous/boastfulflippant/utterly foolish that has given that impression, in which case he's a f'king idiot

however my suspicion is that the reporter has said something like 'have you still got one' to which he has said 'that's for me to know and you to find out isn't it' or similar. In which case I hope the police get bent over and shafted by his solicitors over the legality of the arrest.

SD Regular
    Seems that East Anglia is in the news regarding unlicensed firearms. So there may be some tenous connection to this. Unfortunately these foxes seem to gather a pace of their own once they start to run.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/no...enal_1_4353152
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 31-12-2015 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
    Reading between the lines from a number of reports, the 'suspicion' appears to have been that someone from one of the news organisations interviewed him about this old boy who has topped his wife, and he has supposedly said that the country is awash with illegal guns and somehow inferred that he still has one.

now, it's not very clear what happens there , it appears clear that he is a cantankerous old ******* who likes being the centre of attention, and it's possible that he said something outrageous/boastfulflippant/utterly foolish that has given that impression, in which case he's a f'king idiot

however my suspicion is that the reporter has said something like 'have you still got one' to which he has said 'that's for me to know and you to find out isn't it' or similar. In which case I hope the police get bent over and shafted by his solicitors over the legality of the arrest.

Perhaps if the police really wanted to find an illegal gun they may just manage to find one ??

Account Suspended
    I dont think he has ever been out of the news really. He is a household name and will never be forgotten. He did what many many thousands of people would like to do. protect themselves and there property.
    Until you have been in his situation and getting broken into. time after time I dont see how anyone can criticise his actions.
    Even if he did have an illegally held shotgun I'm sure it was for shooting those naughty little rabbits on his farm land.

Happy New Year to all of you law abiding people out there and I hope you dont suffer like he did for years getting broken into and getting no help from a certain group of people who are only interested in collecting money from law abiding people driving at 33 mph in a 30 limit.

If Mr Martin had not been the victim of crime he may not have shot anyone, the burglars went to his home of their own free will. Whilst I do not condone him breaking the law with a firearm, I sympathise with him finding himself in terrifying circumstances that were not of his making.

atb Tim

Hi I'm not a violent man in the slightest but if I got no help from the rozzers and kept having problems with people entering my property I think it may make me sort the
    problem!
    Imagine something happened to your wife or child and not a person done anything about it!
    I have been in a situation where I told a police man some members of a fishing club I ran were being threatened. The police man said avoid him. We paid good money to fish a lake so I asked what was reasonable behaviour for self defense. He then paid the guy a visit. After a long conversation. Didn't stop the problem tho.

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    Hi I'm not a violent man in the slightest but if I got no help from the rozzers and kept having problems with people entering my property I think it may make me sort the
    problem!.
    And you are posting your intentions on an open forum, which would also now make it a premeditated situation. WOW. This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Happy new year all!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    And you are posting your intentions on an open forum, which would also now make it a premeditated situation. WOW. This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Happy new year all!
    I think people are fed up with our lawless society so are being forced to take the law into their own hands

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think people are fed up with our lawless society so are being forced to take the law into their own hands
    A man who shoots two people in the back with an illegal shotgun is part of a lawless society. I agree our legal system can be a bit toothless, but arbitrarily shooting intruders on sight is a pretty extreme opposite!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog