Thread: Minox scopes

Minox scopes

Anyone on here got any reviews on minox riflescopes ,been looking at the minox ze 5i 5x25x56 ,any info would be appreciated.

Just bought a 1.2-6x24 ZA. Will post a review when it arrives. Have had a look at the lower range ze before and I thought they were good but I need to compare against my Z6, PH etc for a relative comparison.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    Just bought a 1.2-6x24 ZA. Will post a review when it arrives. Have had a look at the lower range ze before and I thought they were good but I need to compare against my Z6, PH etc for a relative comparison.
    Hi, Minox ZA are the cheapest hunting range, ZE are the top of the range hunting scopes, ZP are there tactical range.

I have had both ZA and ZE and the ZE is definitely much better.

regards Neil.

From what I've read you are right but its only going on the 22LR. When I meant lower range, that was in magnification, not quality. The ZE is made in Germany and the ZA is assembled in the USA.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

I have a ZV 3 4.5-14x44 SF. Made in Germany. Cheapy scope but it has side focus and might be the thing for 22lr.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by bobby18 View Post
    Anyone on here got any reviews on minox riflescopes ,been looking at the minox ze 5i 5x25x56 ,any info would be appreciated.
    I've got a 3-15x56 ZE illuminated. It's very good. But in my opinion the ZA 1inch scope are absolute manure. I bought 2 and both went back, of the 2 new ones one went back as it let water in. Then I got a ZA 3-15x56 cheap. That went back and replaced twice. That's how I got the ZE direct from Minox. I will say this minox uk are very good to deal with, no problem with the returns.

I had a ordered the 1.5-8x32 ZA and also a Nikon Monarch 3 in similar magnification and sent the Minox back. There wasnt much in it but I felt the Nikon was better at the end of of the magnification in terms of clarity and brightness.

FWIW

ZA - American
    ZE - European
    ZP - Professional
    ZV - Value
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay