Nerves Starting to Jangle

sandersj89

Up to Eskdalemuir tomorrow for our DSC1, just had a call from Ronald asking if we can do the shooting test Friday afternoon rather than first thing saterday......the date has come about way too quickly!!!!

shooting test

Good luck mate. Take it easy. I shot badly on mine and passed. you will be fine

steve

Just relax, you are only shooting something that you can already do, nothing new in that. Enjoy you will be fine. Looking forward to hearing that all went well.

John

Cheers guys, I am looking foreard to it but still worried incase I mess up something.

Shooting test should be OK, I can nail the multi choice questions consistanly now, just the safety test worries me as you have no margin for error!

Jerry

good luck mate,when i did mine one lad hadnt fired a gun since he was in the air cadets and he sailed through.nice and steady and you will be fine.
Andy

what exactly is involved in the DSC? is it a deer stalk exam, like do you go stalking with a witness and he/she rates you on your stalking abilities??

go neirí an t-ádh leat sanders, good luck mate.

DSC1 is all theory and practical shooting ability, you dont go near a live deer.

DSC2 is then real life stalking with an acredited witness.

Relax, Enjoy.
You sound well prepared so whats to worry about? Re the shooting test, it's only paper, you can't wound it, so enjoy showing how good you are.
Re safety test, I had to be "helped" to reach the right decision, with regard to a tricky stalk. He could not answer for me but kept labouring the question over and over until the penny dropped. What the guy wanted to hear was"un-load if you feel the situation warrants". Strangely that never naturally occured to me. I guess I've been shooting so long I just took it for granted that everyone does it as a matter of course, whether crossing a ditch, fence or climbing a high seat ladder. I just forgot to say the words!
The guys aren't out to trick you, I guess it refects on them if too many of their students fail.
Good luck,
Mark

Good luck Sanders. Just remember with the rifle safety stop, think and then act, if you are unsure of what it is you are supposed to do; again stop, think and then act. Its not a race after all, you will be surprised at what you can remember when you give yourself a minute to relax. Good luck mate. ;)

Thanks guys, off to do some final cramming before getting up at sparrows fart tomorrow to get up to Scotland.

Will keep you posted!

Very pleased. We all passed. Shooting test not a problem. Got 100% in all other tests. Now stuck at the airport trying to get home

sikamalc said:
Good on ya, well done. Level 2 here we come ?

Yes, registered for level 2.... :D

Still stuck at the airport to head back to Gatwick, going to be late before we get home.

Jerry

Back