Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelander 1 - AT tyre recommendations

Freelander 1 - AT tyre recommendations

Afternoon all - could anyone please recommend AT tyre choice for my Freelander 1? Soggy (very) field use mainly - nothing too hardcore off-road - many thanks
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

BF Goodrich all-terrains. If you can get the new KO pattern they are getting nothing but praise on and off road. I have just fitted the General Grabber All-terrain in the newer pattern and they are unbelievably quiet.

I have general grabber at2s and they are great on my ford ranger I use it on very muddy slippy fields as I work on a farm and they have yet to fail me

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    Afternoon all - could anyone please recommend AT tyre choice for my Freelander 1? Soggy (very) field use mainly - nothing too hardcore off-road - many thanks
    I've just put General Grabbers on my Freelander - excellent!

I have General Grabbers on my Freelander 2 and they're excellent. Very quiet and plenty of grip on and off the road and hard wearing. They also didn't notice and reduction in MPGs from the pathetic road tyres it came with.

Yokohama Geolander or Cooper Discoverer st/Maxx should cover your needs and be available in your required size.

Thanks for the replies chaps - standards no longer cut it as the fields are now more sodden than I can recall in my lifetime!

Drove away yesterday without getting the tyre size - anyway, as mentioned not all Grabbers cover all the sizes so the Goodrich or Coopers will be good stand by choices.

Do you guys order on line? If so, any recommendations? MyTyres come up first on Google and look to be good prices? Looks like the even deliver and fit?
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    BF Goodrich all-terrains. If you can get the new KO pattern they are getting nothing but praise on and off road. I have just fitted the General Grabber All-terrain in the newer pattern and they are unbelievably quiet.
    BFG don't do their AT in my size so thinking about GG but can't decide on the AT or the AT2, have you tried both and if so what do you think?

Hello.Try car tyres.com-very competitive and includes local fitting of your choice-they have a wide range and when you decide on what you want I'm sure they will have them.I had a full set for my Freelander 2 recently at very good prices.Richard.

Cooper Zeon LTZ are a good tyre if they do your size........