Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 tactical or 204

20 tactical or 204

As per title opinions please

20 Tac is slightly more efficient, however performance is pretty much identical, but factory ammo/rifles in 204 and the slightly higher performance of the Ruger would win it for me. I handload but would still like the option of factory.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

Hi,
    I reload for my cousins 20 TAC. Easy enough cartridge to load but I recently took delivery of the last Lapua/Dakota Arms brass from Reloading Solutions and probably anywhere else so it will require reforming 223.
    CH
    Last edited by Cloudhopper; 01-01-2016 at 20:13.

I love my 20 tac. I'd say it gets more use than all my other rifles put together.

Neither.
    If you don't go with a factory-built 204, build a 20 Practical. Making brass is a straight forward reforming of .223 by simply necking them down. If the chamber is done correctly, there is no neck turning involved. Two member of the prairiedog shooting association I belong to showed with one each, 20 Tac and 20 Prac. I had a 204. We shot them side by side and here is no difference ballistically speaking. What was notable about the Prac is that there was no 'forming' as with the 20 TAC and there was no shortage of brass as happens with the 204. I will eventually have my 204 set back and rechambered to 20 Prac.~Muir

Regardless of what the perceived wisdom of the internet would have you believe, forming 20 Tac brass from 223 (should it be necessary) is a doddle. If you can F/L resize 223 brass, you can form 20 tac. Forming dies my a**e!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    Regardless of what the perceived wisdom of the internet would have you believe, forming 20 Tac brass from 223 (should it be necessary) is a doddle. If you can F/L resize 223 brass, you can form 20 tac. Forming dies my a**e!
    when I first got my first 20 tac I used 223 brass,

forming is is a piece of cake, I have now had 3 x 20 tacs one sold,another was for sale but did not sell, that and my other 20 tac are the best thing I have in my cabinet,

not to fussed on a 204 ruger as the 20 does the same job, as for brass I have heard loads of stories about it getting hard to find,never had a problem and aftab has said nothing to me about it running out?

the 2 I still have are below,

i wish you well, as said I have been using a 20 Tac for years and love it,

good luck

,bob
    Last edited by bobjs; 01-01-2016 at 22:19.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Its a custom rifle built by a friend 650 he wants for it with modarator fust not sure because of availability of brass and the fact I will have to start reloading

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by weatherby View Post
    Its a custom rifle built by a friend 650 he wants for it with modarator fust not sure because of availability of brass and the fact I will have to start reloading
    Is it a 20 tac or a 204,

the he brass for the 204 can be hard to find, the brass for the 20 tac as far as I know is held on stock and not to hard to find,

either way at 650 it depends on what it is, second hand, well used,shot count, etc etc,

more info, who built it?

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

its a 20 tac dont know the name of the gun Smith I know he's a good one has done a rebarrel on my dads 222.50 shot count is 200 built with rem model 7 action pacnor barrel ar15 modarator brass with it boyds stock and two other stocks scope mounts and bullets primmers ect