Thread: Baikal MH18 rifle .222 Rem

Baikal MH18 rifle .222 Rem

Need to open up a slot so my break barrel baikal MH 18 in .222 Rem has to go. It's got a cheap 4x40 (Rhino WA) scope in alloy rings on it and it's sighted in for the handload too.

150 ONO

As you can see the wood has been slimed down. Oh the rubber pad has gone and it had the correct Baikal reddish hard but plate, it's only a .222 rem after all . The scope in the photos was a 6x40 and not the current 4x40. If the operator does their part it shoots MOA or less with compatable ammo.

Five shots shot during load development some time back using a 4x mag scope.

The rifle is currently at Derek Lees Toft Hill Lincs and will be on their ads so shipping to an RFD is easy as is viewing. Need the space for the .270 Majestic Featherweight that's awaiting me.

A great rifle, i had one for many years before a bud perstered & pestered & pestered for it, i sold it with much regret, the toe rag still has it !! haha hehe Good luck with the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by MrYou View Post
    A great rifle, i had one for many years before a bud perstered & pestered & pestered for it, i sold it with much regret, the toe rag still has it !! haha hehe Good luck with the sale.
    Not sure which rifle your talking about here MrYou. The BSA or the Baikal ?

I thought the Baikal would make an excellent travel rifle for Scottish Roe which is why I kept it after getting the .222 BSA Regent however I now need the slot opened up as a trip to Scotland is a long way off.

I would like this rifle just for the novelty factor and I have a Brno .222 Rem sitting in the cabinet doing nothing but i'm not sure if I can be bothered with the one for one hassle. JC

JC,

Sorry I cannot answer that question for you .

I would point out that the Baikal is heavier than one would think it surprised me with it's "heft". I was also pleasently surprised just how well it shoots. The target pictured is not the best we have achieved just a pretty run of the mill one.. Oh and it does rather like the Sako 55 grain Gamehead with the Roe Buck on the box which is handy should one wish to use factory and chase Roe North of the boarder .

The phone number for Derek Lee is 01526-354505 ............................. just in case .

Ahhhh found the photo of the traget shot after zeroing with the Sako factory 55 grain Gamehead ammo:-

Not to shabby methinks.

As I received a PM asking about this rifle and asking if it was still for sale thought I had better edit the trhead but cannot do so it seems so I'll add this:-

Sold...................Sold .............................. Sold .................................. sold