Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got a silver medal!

I've got a silver medal!

I'm posting this on here because I thought you lot might understand the excitement a little bit more than my wife did, with her 'That's nice dear - but it's still not coming into the house' response.

The goat - the one in my avatar - that I shot in Tipperary back in February has just been awarded a CIC silver medal. Given that I didn't set out to shoot anything that good and that the only other thing of any note that I've won was a set of tasteless mugs in a recent school raffle, I'm quite excited.

So a very big public thank-you to mine and Gadget's mates, John and Dominic, for their kindness in inviting us to stalk goats and Sika. I hope that their trip over here last week was as memorable, given that we achieved both of their target species and they ended up shooting seven muntjac, including one really good buck, and three nice Roe bucks in a little less than 24 hours.

I'm already looking forward to the third leg, where G and I will be stalking Dom and John's red and sika stags in November.

Adam.

Nice one Adam!.....one for above the re-loading bench then is it?

No surprise that she didn't want it in the house. My mrs still doesn't understand why i need more than one rifle and shotgun....."because i do" is as about as far as she lets me get in explaining (and lets be honest it would fall on deaf ears so theres no point). The very thought of her allowing a set of horns/antler in the house is more than out of the question.

Well done again.

jim

Well done Adam . Women just don't seem to get it do they. I get grief all the time about "how many jackets do you need for shooting" . I suppose its like their shoes and bags thing.

Hope you can find a big wall for that trophy.

Alan

Hmmm I wonder just how many bags it would take to pack "her" stuff ................................................ you might guess I am single .

Congrats on the SM. The trouble with Goats is they really do stink.

Well done Adam, I bet that your buzzing!

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Dog View Post
    Nice one Adam!.....one for above the re-loading bench then is it?

No surprise that she didn't want it in the house. My mrs still doesn't understand why i need more than one rifle and shotgun....."because i do" is as about as far as she lets me get in explaining (and lets be honest it would fall on deaf ears so theres no point). The very thought of her allowing a set of horns/antler in the house is more than out of the question.

Well done again.

jim
    Jim - if it was just horns, there'd be no problem. It's the fact that those horns are attached to a large hairy head and shoulders, with uber-realistic 'devil' eyes that will stare at her from the wall. Plus there's the small issue about the smell - although we have two teenage boys so the billy goat has a bit of competition where rank smells are concerned.

On the upside, she is a genuine treasure (my wifr rather than the goat) as she tolerates vast quantities of shooting paraphernalia around the house; barely notices if I buy a new rifle and allowed me to use all of my annual leave on hunting last year, with this year rapidly going the same way.

I'll give you a ring shortly - I've got some free time over the next couple of weeks for reloading and load development.

Adam.
    Last edited by Adamant; 14-05-2010 at 17:27.

Nice one mate.
    I'm sure you will able to sneak it into the house at some point. If you start by hiding it im the boys room at let it aclimatise then move it slowly out into the landing or stair well. I'm sure she won't notice.

Great result for the silver.

Jonathon

Well done that man I have wondered about shooting goats? I was invited by a mad Welsh beater (he has lovely spaniels) called Kevin to go and shoot a goat with him, but I am not suited to mountain terrain and chickened out.

My stuff gets moved out of the house, all the flytying gear is in the shed, reloading gear in the garage ( plus my first roe and fallow heads, and the twin's roe heads too).

ft
    Last edited by flytie; 14-05-2010 at 19:36. Reason: Nomenclature abberation
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Women

Quote Originally Posted by provider View Post
    Well done Adam . Women just don't seem to get it do they. I get grief all the time about "how many jackets do you need for shooting" . I suppose its like their shoes and bags thing.

Hope you can find a big wall for that trophy.

Alan
    When we lived in our old house I took over the back bedroom as my "trophy room". The wife used to enjoy allowing her female friends to see in there and then emarrassedly say summat like "Oooh, I'm sorry about the back room, that's Harry's hunting stuff". They'd then have summat to natter about moaning about their husbands. It backfired on her one day when my mate and his Kenyan wife came round. Me and him were sat downstairs supping ale when I heard an excited squeel come from upstairs followed by "Cool, antelope!" I had to allow myself a grin.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Well done on the medal Adam.

Excited for you

BJS