Thread: DSC 1 midlands

DSC 1 midlands

Hi does anyone know of any DSC 1 courses in the Midlands ?
    Thanks Colin

dave stretton donnington deer services does 4 a yr highly recommended just off the M1 !Leicestershire
    Norma

Yes David Stretton at Donnington Deer Management, just near East Midlands airport. There is not much that David does not not know about deer stalking / management and he did quite literally help write the DSC 1 training manual. Suffice to say that everyone on the course I was on passed at the first attempt. You can find Donnington Deer Management on the web.
    Last edited by Scotty99; 03-01-2016 at 14:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty99 View Post
    Yes David Stretton at Donnington Deer Management, just near East Midlands airport. There is not much that David does not not know about deer stalking / management and he did quite literally help write the DSC 1 training manual. Suffice to say that everyone on the course I was on passed at the first attempt. You can find Donnington Deer Management on the web.

Did you go into this "blind" so to speak, or did you do any pre-course work / revision?

I booked my course with David about 3 weeks before the course started, he sends you out the training manual as soon as you book and I spent a couple of hours most days studying the material on the run up to the course. the training manual also contains all the question banks and the possible answers (it's multiple choice). It does not tell you which is the correct answer so you have to work through the material and work out the right answer. Then when the tests come around you have to see which of the questions come up and if you can remember the right answer!!

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty99 View Post
    I booked my course with David about 3 weeks before the course started, he sends you out the training manual as soon as you book and I spent a couple of hours most days studying the material on the run up to the course. the training manual also contains all the question banks and the possible answers (it's multiple choice). It does not tell you which is the correct answer so you have to work through the material and work out the right answer. Then when the tests come around you have to see which of the questions come up and if you can remember the right answer!!

Hope this helps.

Ta

Thanks for help , had a look at his site seems spot and what i am looking for plus 20mins from my house .

Agree whole heartedly about David, an alternative for dates might be Mike Dickinson at Calton Moor?

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Did you go into this "blind" so to speak, or did you do any pre-course work / revision?
    we did online education and sat the test day only all four of us passed
    Norma

dave stretton also does great educational books and dvd's that realy help.he makes mean venison sausage too