Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Yardley on LBC

Mike Yardley on LBC

Just listened to Mike Yardley on LBC talking to Petri about the Lion hunt raffle being run by a Zimbabwe reserve to raise funds.

A very capable, reasonable and intelligent speaker - worth a listen if you can - if we ever wanted a spokesman for the sport, there's my vote right there!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

As long as you don't like shooting milatry rifles or in cammo

This is going to be an interesting thread because not everyone thinks the same of him,don't ask me why,I just know there are split opinions,will be interesting though....

Blog Entries
    Mike Yardley is a traitor to the sport.

He has placed himself so high on a pedestal that a little push would topple him. Great white hunter isn't the acceptable face of shooting. He doesn't represent me.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

He didn't come across as a great white hunter* - maybe he's mellowed - his thoughts today echoed, dare I say, the concencsous sometimes achieved on here...

*This wasn't intended to be a contenscious thread - the interview is worth a listen

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Personally I believe the man to be a twit!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Always liked him, personally.

re comment about military rifles or in camo...always fun down at Bisley when you see a good number of shooters lined up on Century. Some in their target rifle straightjackets, some in pink shirts and Panama hats, and there's always one in camo shooting a tactical rifle with his kit in military storage boxes.

Whilst i I accept it takes all sorts to make a world and we shooters should stick together...I think having that image of the SAS wannabe shooter in the public mind is not helpful.

He comes across as a nob but is very experienced in all aspects of shooting sports. He has forgotten more than most on here has yet to learn. He was never a Motorhead fan.

Quote Originally Posted by tikka_madras View Post
    Always liked him, personally.

re comment about military rifles or in camo...always fun down at Bisley when you see a good number of shooters lined up on Century. Some in their target rifle straightjackets, some in pink shirts and Panama hats, and there's always one in camo shooting a tactical rifle with his kit in military storage boxes.

Whilst i I accept it takes all sorts to make a world and we shooters should stick together...I think having that image of the SAS wannabe shooter in the public mind is not helpful.

Fair point

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    ......He was never a Motorhead fan.

Ctrl-Alt FACT