Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parker Hale

Parker Hale

Does anyone know how to check the age of a PH 1200.
    I have just purchased one from a member on here and it is shooting 1 moa with PPU 180s?
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Doesn't really matter how old then. It will do the job. We need Kevin back for this sort of stuff.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    . We need Kevin back for this sort of stuff.

David.

+1
    Perhaps he could be held back on a cyberleash, and only released when the phrase "Parker-Hale" crops up?
    I know Brithunter drove a lot of folk mad, but he was a fount of knowledge on old rifles, and helped me a lot.
    I wish I still had his email address, but sadly lost it when my old laptop died a death.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    +1
    Perhaps he could be held back on a cyberleash, and only released when the phrase "Parker-Hale" crops up?
    I know Brithunter drove a lot of folk mad, but he was a fount of knowledge on old rifles, and helped me a lot.
    I wish I still had his email address, but sadly lost it when my old laptop died a death.
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Look him up on google he is still on many hunting/ shooting forums abroad, he always helped me out so much with my older rifles, Atb Wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    Look him up on google he is still on many hunting/ shooting forums abroad, he always helped me out so much with my older rifles, Atb Wayne
    Try the Hunters Life Forum? (USA)

SD Regular
    Does anyone know how to check the age of a PH 1200.
    Yes. But you may have to take it out of the stock t do that. If it is bedded that may not be what you want to do.

When you have pulled it from the stock use the "sticky" of Proof Date Codes I have posted on the Forum.

The letters in the "X" crossed swords will tell you year it was proved. Which for a P-Hale will usually be very close to the year it was made.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 03-01-2016 at 19:20.

SD Regular
    No. That was "Beetlejuice"? Although it'd probably be hard to tell which was which. Or was that Catweazle?

Anyway, come to think of it, you never saw the two, or three, of them together...
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 03-01-2016 at 19:27.

Anyone try taking the bolt Apart? I know they are basically Mauser 98 surplus. But the safety being removed from the bolt is throwing me a bit of a curve. Can't find anything online about dismantling the parker hale bolt.

Sorry to change your topic. But thought you might be interested as well. I just acquired my rifle last week. 30-06 caliber 1200c.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaardal317 View Post
    Anyone try taking the bolt Apart? I know they are basically Mauser 98 surplus. But the safety being removed from the bolt is throwing me a bit of a curve. Can't find anything online about dismantling the parker hale bolt.

Sorry to change your topic. But thought you might be interested as well. I just acquired my rifle last week. 30-06 caliber 1200c.
    It's a long time since I owned a PH 1200 but if I remember correctly after ensuring that the rifle is unloaded you cock the bolt while still in the rifle and insert a small pin or screwdriver in the hole that appears in the tail of the bolt as you are closing the bolt in the rifle. You can then withdraw the bolt and unscrew the bolt shroud after depressing the small spring loaded plunger.

That should be sufficient for checking and cleaning. I wouldn't attempt to take the main spring off the firing pin.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.