Thread: Timescale for decision?

Timescale for decision?

Can anyone tell me if there is a particular timescale in which police Scotland should make a decision on an application?
    still waiting on my decision after personally handing my applications to French street on the 4th May.....
    Last I heard was that they have yet to even look over my applications.....
    (have chased up repeatedly aswell as BASC being on the case also as to why it's taking so long)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there is a particular timescale in which police Scotland should make a decision on an application?
    still waiting on my decision after personally handing my applications to French street on the 4th May.....
    Last I heard was that they have yet to even look over my applications.....
    (have chased up repeatedly aswell as BASC being on the case also as to why it's taking so long)
    if they haven't even looked at your application then that is unacceptable, as well as insulting IMHO,write to your Chief Constable (or equivalent) and copy in your MSP asking for an explanation.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Mine took nearly 8 months after my application going in February last year, but the process was certainly moving long before then with my references being contacted after about 3-4 months. After that it was a case of waiting for the FEO home visit and then it making its way through the process back at headquarters. I'd recommend giving them a phone at licensing and politely asking for an update. The lady there was very helpful and I'm sure she pushed mine along once or twice when it was languishing in someone's inbox. Does no harm and at least you might get a status update from them and some indication of timescales.