Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using a nitesite eagle on a schimbt and bender 8x56 scope

Using a nitesite eagle on a schimbt and bender 8x56 scope

Hi all does anybody use a nitesite on a schimbt and bender 8x56 scope. Id just like to know if this scope is adequate with using night vision.

Kind regards
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Dan View Post
    Hi all does anybody use a nitesite on a schimbt and bender 8x56 scope. Id just like to know if this scope is adequate with using night vision.

Kind regards
    Dan
    from my limited experience, I would tend to use (in fact I do use) a cheap parralex adjustable scope with add on night vision, you will find that as you vary the viewed distance you will need to focus for the new range, also there is some question as to whether the better coatings on better quality scopes doesn't reduce the image quality with infra red. other than that the 8x56 S&B scope is a gem of a stalking scope.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Cheers mate. So maybe get a cheap Hawke or MTC etc?

You will struggle to get a good picture/focus with a fixed mag scope. You may be able to get a sweet spot in focus at a certain range, but varying ranges will be out of focus. PA is also essential for the the nite site range.

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Dan View Post
    Cheers mate. So maybe get a cheap Hawke or MTC etc?
    Had great results with the mtc mamba and the eagle, but couldnt get on with the mamba as a day scope

Gutted. So I may trade the schimbt in then for a half decent PA scope. Any suggestions?

Have a look on the nv forum.....a few suggestions on there. Depends what else you want to use the scope for.
    Some scopes that work very well with digi nv units will dissapoint as a daytime scope if your used to high end scopes.
    I have a cheap nikko stirling on my hmr which is excellent with the nitesite but its never used during daylight hrs.
    Have a swaro habicht 6-18x50 with pa on the .223 that is a compramise between daylight usage and compatability with the nv

Cheers mate. I do quite alot of daytime foxing as well so gonna have to look at half decent quality.

Try a Bushnell elite 3-15x50 or there abouts or the new hawke sidewinder 4-16x either 50 or 56. Can't remember which. The bigger the objective the better. More light gathering.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Thanks mate. I quite like the tactical look of the Hawke sidewinder will look good on a steyr pro mountain. But will it stand up to a .243 recoil