Blaser R8 Short barrel

KB1

Anyone have a short barrel on their R8? thinking of getting one but would be interested to hear anyone's thoughts, any concerns vs a standard length barrel. Thx

Had the short barrel on a r93 in 243 performance was no different but made it a very compact rifle and better balance with the moderator on

Some calibers require a longer barrel to ensure the powder has enough time to burn, or you'll get a big drop in velocity, and a lot of muzzle flash.

I believe magnums, and long action calibers favour a longer barrel, whilst short action seem to be a little more flexible. I wanted a very short barrel rifle for woodland stalking, and chose the 308, & a 16" barrel, but it needed home loads to get the ammunition right.

Anyone have a short barrel on their R8? thinking of getting one but would be interested to hear anyone's thoughts, any concerns vs a standard length barrel. Thx

yes I have a R8 professional success in a 30.06,
it has a 50cm barrel length,
it is used for following up wounded animals and is ideal as the for carryiny on my back without the barrel sticking above my head and not getting caught up in any undergrowth,
this barrel length comes in four calibre only .308,.30.06,8x57 and 9,3x62
mine shoots as straight as any other rifle,
what are your needs for a short barrel?

Tony

Thanks all. It is for a 308. To be honest the main reason was because there was a short semi weight barrel available in stock and I had read articles re there being no lack of accuracy on a short barrel.
But have decided to go for a standard semi weight barrel length.

Back