Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allround jacket

Allround jacket

Who can advise on an allround shooting/outdoor jacket. Must be waterproof, silent,strong, not to long. The lenght of the old Barbour Beaufort jacket is ideal. The purpose is to use them as a shell over diffrent layers. Most jackets are just to narrow aound the shoulders/sleeves. The jacket should be wide enough without getting longer and without getting longer sleeves. Most jackets look like you are wearing your bigger brothers jacket if you want enough movement to swing the gun easely.

Well I got a ridgeline and would never recommend one as you sweat ya nads off in their allegedly breathable material
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Kuiu Yukon rain jacket.
    It is cut to allow for layering. I wear mine with an insulated jacket underneath.
    Last edited by Grant.N; 04-01-2016 at 07:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    Kuiu Yukon rain jacket.
    It is cut to allow for layering. I wear mine with an insulated jacket underneath.
    Grant, I want the Yukon suit! Which colour did you get and what insulation are you wearing under it? Not sure if the green is too light? I know they also do a single brown.

Paul

Hi Paul I got the Kenai insulation jacket.
    The colours I chose were grey for the Kenai and brown for the Yukon.
    With these colours I can wear the jackets at any time and not just for stalking.

With these colours I can wear the jackets at any time and not just for stalking.
    I also got the Yukon in brown and Kenai in grey. There in a different league in terms of performance and quality

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    I also got the Yukon in brown and Kenai in grey. There in a different league in terms of performance and quality
    Thanks, definitely want it now!

Kuiu Yukon rain jacket.
    Agreed, got one, great jacket, light, waterproof AND breathable!! Avoid Ridgeline and Country Covers/Fortis like the plague.

Totally agree with Ridgline, for some reason its my arms that hold sweat the most, the inside of the sleeves have a nylon material that gets soaked even on cold days, don't know how they can advertise it as breathable