Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jagd de hund

jagd de hund

Hi to everyone it's nearly that time again to make the trek to dortmund .My problem is there are no flights direct I can find from Edinburgh nearest I can get is Dusseldorf then it's over an hour and half to get there it starts getting pricey then .and from the airport to the train is nearly an hour .Anyone else doing the Edinburgh way ideas solutions welcome.

Thanks Ian

Sorry not from your way but I managed to get a cheap return flight from Stanstead with Ryanair. I had a mate that commuted down to London from Fife every week, he did the train or bus.... Not ideal I know but an option...
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Quote Originally Posted by slink dog View Post
    Hi to everyone it's nearly that time again to make the trek to dortmund .My problem is there are no flights direct I can find from Edinburgh nearest I can get is Dusseldorf then it's over an hour and half to get there it starts getting pricey then .and from the airport to the train is nearly an hour .Anyone else doing the Edinburgh way ideas solutions welcome.

Thanks Ian
    Catch the train from Dusseldorf airport to Dortmund. 45 mins if i recall right.

Yes correct, its as fast as a taxi, and the taxi will cost about $100+ Euro, don't ask me how I know lol!
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

I had a thought - what about Newcastle! Then I checked and no direct flights from there ether!!! What's your plan, travel this side or that side?

WH
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Pardon my ignorance buts what's Jagd De Hund? Dogs for Hunting? Is it a working dog show of some sort in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by phillips321 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance buts what's Jagd De Hund? Dogs for Hunting? Is it a working dog show of some sort in Germany?
    Its the German Game Fair bud;

JAGD JAGD & HUND - Europe's largest hunting exhibition

–Fred Bear -

I went last year and my flight went to Dusseldorf. The train station is at the airport and the trains come on the dot. We got off the train in Dortmund and put our luggage in a taxi and asked the driver to takes us to our hotel. The taxi driver pointed to our hotel that was about 300 mtrs away . So we walked. Easy train journey from Dusseldorf to Dortmund.
    Great show and well worth a visit.

Jagare - Veltins 12 noon Thurs?

Thanks jagare when you flew to dusseldorf was it to the weese airport as that's the one it's taking us to and when you Google it says 40mins to train station by taxi starts getting costly . Starts eating in to the beer money.