Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garlands Sighting Range

Garlands Sighting Range

Went to Garlands Sighting Range last week and was Disgusted with what shooters are doing there !

.17 HMR cases all over the floor and .17 holes in everything including the seats !! Who give W****** like these a FAC ?
    I wish Garlands would check the range after each session and ban any stupid shooting and leaving rubbish for everyone else to fall all over.

Unfortunately the people that treat the range with respect will lose out when it is no longer available
    Last edited by splash; 05-01-2016 at 19:47.

Sadly always the same. It was amazing the target board was usable.

Seemingly no one cares about the state of it?

Unless its changed they have not spent much money on it. Must admit it would be nice to get there and find something to put a target on. That said its only for those with open tickets and as such is not a 'proper' range as far as I am aware.

You mean the pallet was just about usable, but even the signs for the Catton shoot where shot to S***. The only thing that had not been shot was the shooting table that's chained to the steel work.

Seems some just can't resist. At the BSRC the HME bore sighting cross, which is clearly marked "DO NOT SHOOT", was shot within weeks of being put up.

I suspect it's people who can't shoot groups trying to compensate for their inadequency.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Unless its changed they have not spent much money on it. Must admit it would be nice to get there and find something to put a target on. That said its only for those with open tickets and as such is not a 'proper' range as far as I am aware.
    No change.

always been the same ,pays your money walk to the "range"brush the cartridges away from the seating area and walk to the pallet to pin your target up.seen steel plate,wriggly tin bits of wood etc shot to pieces by ???.6 an hour ,basic abused but all we have locally .The cowboys that abuse it will not understand when its gone why its gone
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

well its a useful range to check your zero and not
    expensive to use. but bring your own targets...........
    and take your brass, empty boxes and rubbish back home.

.17hmr holes.....well at least its not 50cal

I`ll take a brush, pan, and bin bag next time I go
    spend 10 mins sprucing the place up.

Like I say its a useful and inexpensive . don't want to pay extra for a range officer,
    carpenter,warden ,janitor.etc

I went for the first time a few months back. I couldn't find anything without a hole in it. It's ok for a bit of practice, but Calton Moor is the place for working up loads and zeroing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovebob View Post
    I went for the first time a few months back. I couldn't find anything without a hole in it.
    Quite a few clays like that?