Got shot.

RED-DOT

Got hit on the throat by a pellet on Saturday, it stung like hell but to many's disappointment i'm still alive. Better luck next time Peg6!

He will have to take his turn, they are lining up for RD. Now is it up 3 to the left or down 2 on this RD drive. :lol:

Lemmy explain, it was probably a ricochet of a birds chest. The beater two up from me got one in the hand and we were 20 yards apart. No hole or cut but if that's what a number6 shot is like at 60ish yards i wouldn't fancy being half that away.

Back in the seventies I was told about a man who used to organise walked up grouse shooting in the Mourne Mountains. He used to stake out a balloon at about 100 yards and shoot it. ' Now that's a human eye' he used to say. There was a suspicion that he probably used something heavy just to make sure, but I have retold the story to guests over the years as an example of what a single pellet can do.

Ion

You know the risks - 28g eell is pigeon-deadly @ 68 yards - perhaps even further (after a scotch or three......)

Back