Thread: Z-aim sling with bi-pod

Z-aim sling with bi-pod

Does anyone use a z-aim pro-stalker sling with a Harris bi-pod, I'm finding when I tighten up the sling it pulls the bi-pod into my back and it's very uncomfortable. Are they not fit to use with a bi-pod or am I not adjusting it correctly? Andrew.

Yes, and had the exact same situation. If i remember correctly you have to loosen the main rifle strap and tighten the chest strap. I remember it is exactly the opposite of what you expect. Mine is fine now, love it!

I'll second that, mine has a picatinny rail and Atlas bipod and I have the main sling fairly long and then pull the chest strap tight. Once in place I lift the rifle up from the butt to keep it higher on my shoulder and the bipod is then over my shoulder.

Hi have a steryrl Scout elite with built in bipod works a treat with the sling . J

Just to add as I'm sure it makes a big difference and I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I'm using a Boyds stock that has two sling studs. The one nearest the end has been replaced with the picatinny rail and the one closer to the trigger is where the sling attaches. This also helps keep the bipod up high over my shoulder rather than dig in. Maybe something to consider, fitting a second sling stud lower down?

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Just to add as I'm sure it makes a big difference and I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I'm using a Boyds stock that has two sling studs. The one nearest the end has been replaced with the picatinny rail and the one closer to the trigger is where the sling attaches. This also helps keep the bipod up high over my shoulder rather than dig in. Maybe something to consider, fitting a second sling stud lower down?
    I also use a second stud, but am now keen to try the sling-lengthening tip recommended by Diverdave.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

It would be great if I could offer a three step A,B, C and it will fit perfect. It verges on unhelpful to say that it will fit comfortably - but as everyone is a different shape and stock configurations vary, the adjustments do too! As Dave mentions, forget any preconception - nothing beats a bit of tweaking - and that should only take a few minutes. Once done, those settings will stay so its not a case of constant aggro.

The key adjustments are 1. position of chest strap attachment on the shoulder pad - ie where the strap runs to. and 2. the free length of the strap from the top of the shoulder pad to the top swivel - often as short as possible works best.

If you bought it from us and you cant get on with it - we'll take it back. Always have and likely always will.

The only one we had returned for comfort issues came with a note to say bipod dug in. I emailed back to confirm receipt and mentioned it was a first as when fitted to the rear sling attachment point on the Harris everything was usually dandy. The guy called immediately - 'what rear sling attachment'? Brief discussion, 'hang on' say he - sound of foot steps and cabinet opening. ' Well @=+@ me'! - foot steps back. ' er I never noticed that before, sorry to have wasted your time I love the sling but you won't want to deal with me again'. ' It's already back in the post you' was my reply 'enjoy'.

However, not everyone has the bronzed adonis build of DiverD.....
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Thanks gents for your help and advice, I shall have a play around with the sling and, after reading your posts I'm sure I will be able to get it right. Rgds Andrew.

One thing I'll say is that the shoulder pad end buckle does tend to require adjusting to keep the shoulder pad as close to the swivel as possible, it tends to slip in the buckle.

I grew to tolerate it. I have tweaked it as much as I can, but a small amount of 'pricking' on my upper back remains...
    Quid enim proderit Homini si lucretur Mundum totum et detrimentum faciat Animae suae?