Thread: Essentials in your cleaning kit

Essentials in your cleaning kit

I got the cleaning kit out the other day and was shocked at how much stuff I've accumulated over the years. I've got a couple of shotguns, a .22lr, .223 and 6.5x55.

It needs thinning out and was wondering what you guys keep in as essentials, any extras and crap to get rid of.

James

Is you cleaning method working?

If it is what is the problem?

I never clean the .22lr . I have a carbon rod that i use for the .308 and 7x57R . Bronze brushes, wool mops and jags for both calibres. An old tooth brush, cotton buds and precut patches.
    Have a carbon rod for the shotgun with brushes etc. A bore snake for the .308. The rods sit in my gun cabinet and all the othr stuff in a handy plastic box.

Proshot rods, dewy jags, some non descript nylon brushes, boretech C4+ carbon cleaner and most important, KG12 . Also use pro shot cloth.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    Is you cleaning method working?

If it is what is the problem?
    Yes my cleaning regime works, but always open to hearing others views on different products.

Your post seems rather rude, if it's meant in that manner then why bother answering?

I give mine a good scrub out about once a year with the brushes and rod then start again putting a couple of fouling rounds thru it

then

after stalking etc I use a bore snake every time I never have any zero issues or need to fire a first shot etc

if if in not going to use it for a good while I'll push an oily / wd40 patch thru while stored then clean that out befour an outing

that's about it

the rimfire I just shoot and put away with the mod off no cleaning no pull thru and it shoots beautifully

Essential - cotton wool buds - get in all the nooks and crannies - I also always have a kennair compressed air tin and nozzle (from camera shops) - blows out all the bits (especially for the RF's) - along with the other usual suspects! I have a mini kit which I take with me most often - clenzoil, bore snake, legia spray....
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT