Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renewal and check up

Renewal and check up

My Dad is having his SG renewed and the FEO called to book a time to visit etc.

whilst on the phone he asked to talk to me (SG & FAC holder) he asked me when my licence expires.
    to which i told him 2018

He then mentioned thats fine, if its was in the next 8 months he would do a check at the same time so when mine expires ( if it was within 8 months) he can issue a renewal straight away on the renewal date with no waiting.. If the visit went Ok obviously.

first time I've heard this and thought if people on here are close to there expire date, possibly phone your FEO and ask for a visit so when the time comes around it could take less time to issue a renewal?

just a thought.

Sounds like your FEO is on the ball and trying to keep things efficient
    Ray

It's call smart working.
    If all firearms departments adopted a similar approach then less of them would be in the disorganised state that they are in now.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

friend of mine refuses a co terminous, so has his SGC renewed 4 months before his FAC,

they visit both times.

Similar here to the OP
    FEO came to check my security on renewal, and while he was here I told him that my wife's renewal was also due shortly. So he said fine, no need to visit again, and both of us received our new tickets before the old ones expired.

These days there is quite a lot of bad press about FEOs and waiting times (although there is some good news also from time to time). Often there is advice given to people who are having issues to complain in some way shape or form to firearms management, BASC, MPs and so on.

Question - has or does anybody phone or email to praise FEOs who perform well and work efficiently? I have in the not too distant past as I believe its important to give credit where due (although its the FEOs job).

Quote Originally Posted by gmorrice96 View Post

Question - has or does anybody phone or email to praise FEOs who perform well and work efficiently? I have in the not too distant past as I believe its important to give credit where due (although its the FEOs job).
    Couldn't agree more, and when my wife and I return our expiring certificates (in the pre-paid envelope provided by NWP), there'll definitely be a note in there thanking them for their prompt and efficient service - I received both my new certs 6 weeks before expiry of the old ones, and my wife's were 3 weeks prior. Couldn't ask for it much better than that!

Just renewed my FAC/SGC as they were due to expire next month received the forms in your post followed by a telephone call from feo asking if everything was the same and that in would receive my tickets before the old ones expired no visit required

Quote Originally Posted by .17 Remington View Post
    Just renewed my FAC/SGC as they were due to expire next month received the forms in your post followed by a telephone call from feo asking if everything was the same and that in would receive my tickets before the old ones expired no visit required

It would be more useful as a contribution to the thread if your location was not just UK so we know which Police Authority you were referring to !

Cheers & ATVB

Philip
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    It would be more useful as a contribution to the thread if your location was not just UK so we know which Police Authority you were referring to !Cheers & ATVBPhilip
    I totally agree with the above, it also helps when deciding to offer practical help or assistance.
    When I see something like that and something is under discussion that I might be able to help with, I feel like saying,
    " oh good, I see you live in UK the same as me so if you like to pop next door I can show you etc etc or if you like, you can borrow my xyz to see if it fits etc etc"
    Last edited by EMcC; 09-01-2016 at 09:50.