Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbit prices

Rabbit prices

Just been round the local Gdn centre with the CinC Naval Home Cmnd and spied rabbits in clingfilm for the princely sum of 7.85kg and as a fully grown weighs about a kilo this was the cost each.

I sell em for 10 bob each to a man with a hawk

When I pointed this out to her she just said "you ****!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    Just been round the local Gdn centre with the CinC Naval Home Cmnd and spied rabbits in clingfilm for the princely sum of 7.85kg and as a fully grown weighs about a kilo this was the cost each.

I sell em for 10 bob each to a man with a hawk

When I pointed this out to her she just said "you ****!!!"
    Ian, i expect the garden centre only paid 50p or a pound for them in the first place.
    The butcher that used to have mine paid a quid a piece. (Ferreted or head shot) Then last year he wanted me to skin them and bag them still for a quid a piece.
    Now the ferrets and my lurcher have some of them and i give the rest away.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

1.50 to butchers skinned and 4 to public

Most of mine go free to my ex - who runs a bistro locally. Right now he can't afford to pay for them so I'm happy to stuff a few in his freezer every now and then. Small ones, jackets and heads go free to a friend with a hawk - again, he's a mate and has put me on some stalking with a friend of his, so I'm happy with the trade... A few I keep, and a few go to neighbours (keeps em happy)... But then, I don't shoot that many so I'm not too bothered about selling them. If I was getting dozens every week then I'd see what the local butchers & other outlets would pay...

We take full grown head shot to friends & family who ask for them, I feed the dogs weekend treats of cooked rabbit with pasta, (two or three braised ), the rest I'm sorry to say are either left for the raptors or the stripeys / foxes, seems like Joe public has lost the taste for them round here.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Willo game in Shrops is paying a quid a piece intact (guts in). They collect if it's over 100.

Cheers

G

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    1 a rabbit, paunched and skinned.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I shoot around 30 a week and they go to a local butcher gutted for 1 a peice. I dont take the money- instead we exchange for meat out of the shop to the same value with a 10% discount! They all go down to London to Camden Market/Covent Garden Butchers. I walked through Covent garden recently and saw a filleted rabbit for 10 on a tray!!!

Incidently is it not against the law for butchers to take them skinned? I'm sure my bloke said something along those lines - in winter he takes deer off me, but only gutted - always in the skin...

Tom

Trumped you all! 2.50 per Rabbit, just paunched to a butcher. Or free to people I like, or 5 ready to cook to people I dont . Used to sell table ready pheasants to teachers at 5-8 per bird depending on, again how much I liked them (:

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore