Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX Or Harkila Pro Hunter Kevlar Boots

Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX Or Harkila Pro Hunter Kevlar Boots

Evening lads,

After all this rain and flooding my boots are needing replaced. They are letting the water through. I now have given up on wellies as the rain comes in from the top and fills up the inside .

I am looking at meindl Dovre Extreme GTX Or Harkila Pro Hunter Kevlar Boots

The boots will be used for:
    Beating in the glens during the pheasant season, through heather, bogs and rivers.
    At my own pheasant syndicate, walk one stand one, again through rough terrain.
    Out stalking a few times a year.
    General pest/vermin control throughout the year.

My current footwear is:
    Army surplus 10" goretex lined boots, the heather wears the leather like hell.
    Mammut trail xt gtx, fantastic boots, just not high enough for bogs/rivers

I like the the idea of the Kevlar on the Harkika as I think this would help LOADS on the moors.

The Meindl do get a good write up

Had two pairs of Harkila pro hunter kevlar boots both leaked wouldn't buy another so would go for the Meindls

Avoid Harkila foot wear, they are to boots what Ridgeline is to coats!!! The miendl are good but look at the Hanwag Trapper Top GTX or the Lundhags Professional also.

Quote Originally Posted by Malxwal View Post
    Altberg Gamekeeper Stark Extreme
    Ive just checked these out. They look good but just one problem.

quote from website The Stark Extreme has a high level of waterproofing around the foot - however it is not a wellington and waterproofing in the leg and ankle area cannot be guarenteed.

i would like something that is waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by 09mutley05 View Post
    Had two pairs of Harkila pro hunter kevlar boots both leaked wouldn't buy another so would go for the Meindls
    thats a few reviews now I've heard saying to avoid 😔

Ha anyone got the meindl boots? Does the leather hold up going through heather?

Blog Entries

Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX Or Harkila Pro Hunter Kevlar Boots

Pretty unkind on the Ridgeline. New Monsoon Elite Smock is very very good kit. Will see how it holds up to driven boar in the snow tomorrow morning.

I have bought a couple pairs of Meindls over the last couple of years and their quality is top draw. Definitely my go to kit and what I will be wearing tomorrow with Gaitors or waterproof trousers.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    Pretty unkind on the Ridgeline. New Monsoon Elite Smock is very very good kit. Will see how it holds up to driven boar in the snow tomorrow morning.

I have bought a couple pairs of Meindls over the last couple of years and their quality is top draw. Definitely my go to kit and what I will be wearing tomorrow with Gaitors or waterproof trousers.
    If you wear your Ridgeline don't walk more than about 100 yds without taking a change of baselayers and a couple of spare fleece mid layers because you'll be soaked in sweat!! Something to do with the binliner "Breathable " membrane!!!
    The Dovre will stand the heather and most other cover really well.

Meindl Dovre Extreme every time. My son did a 100 k yomp over the Cumbrian tops for his D of E in the wettest conditions in his pair; dry and blister free.Perfect out of the box.

Blog Entries
    The new Elite is better. Different material.

Given the Swazi Tahr is so much more expensive I will live with the Monsoon.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gately169 View Post
    Ive just checked these out. They look good but just one problem.

quote from website The Stark Extreme has a high level of waterproofing around the foot - however it is not a wellington and waterproofing in the leg and ankle area cannot be guarenteed.

i would like something that is waterproof

thats a few reviews now I've heard saying to avoid 

Ha anyone got the meindl boots? Does the leather hold up going through heather?
    I have both Altberg and Meindl, Meindl off back to the manufacturer tomorrow as "pins" sticking through into the insole. Great boots, but easier damaged on wire etc. A heavier boot than the Altberg, and not as great a sole, to me anyway. Neither boot has had me with wet feet, but a local dealer did say to me he has seen more going back leaking in recent times, but that could be due to a lot more being sold and folk not looking after them.

I waterproof the Meindls regularly, the Altbergs once in two years, I have now given them to my son as my feet have changed shape, and have just bought a new pair.