Muntjac in Staffordshire

Jet

I was just wondering if anyone had any details on muntjac sightings in Staffordshire.

I have seen muntjac in south Staffs but never anywhere in the north of the county and would be interested to hear your reply's.

Thanks.

I was just wondering if anyone had any details on muntjac sightings in Staffordshire.

I have seen muntjac in south Staffs but never anywhere in the north of the county and would be interested to hear your reply's.

Thanks.

I am aware that there are some muntjac in the Dane valley in Cheshire but they wouldn't have to move very far to get into Staffs.

Saw a probable Gold medal on Cannock Chase two weeks ago. They are certainly around in larger numbers than previously. However they are still not common.

There are plenty around but not everywhere.
I know of a gold medal taken not far from Burton, but never saw one when I had ground a few miles away.
There are quite a few on Cannock Chase but they don't seem to have spread far from there in any numbers.

Jet
i hav ground in staffs with munties on,and they are also seen regulary in the surrounding area too
but more to the point what is your interest in these sightings ???

Stone,
Thanks for the reply. In answer to your question it is just that. An interest. I am interested in deer and wildlife in general and live in north Staffs.
As stated, I am aware of their presence in south Staffs but have never seen any in the northern end of the county. I was interested to hear if other people had, that is all.

Back