Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Napier tree hugger for suspended gralloch

Napier tree hugger for suspended gralloch

what are your views on this as a pice of kit ? Napier Tree Hugger - Stalking Essentials - Stalking - Stalking, Hunting Shooting

Is it any better than a piece of webbing wrapped around a tree with some s hooks - or is it worth nearly 20 quid?

I have normally just hoisted over a forked branch before with strong cord tied round hock, but open to ideas and products to make life easier (if it does!).

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308tikka View Post
    Is it any better than a piece of webbing wrapped around a tree with some s hooks - or is it worth nearly 20 quid?
    No, nor can I see it offers many advantages over a length of paracord with loops at both ends!
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

It is a piece of webbing wrapped round a tree with some s hooks. So, no better no worse I would think. I have a fishing weight on a bit of paracord in the roe sack that i can throw over a branch if there is nothing low to hang the deer on but it hardly gets used to be honest.

I've bought one but not used it as yet, damn weather as with all things Napier the quality is great, I have an Apex predator roe sack that I adore and a Stalker rifle slip that is bomb proof and seen a lot of hammer. When I use it I will do a little write up, must say the Napier airglow wind checker is bloody great!

This is the best bit of kit I've bought in a long time - have lifted muntjac to large Sika with no effort at all

Keith's Highseats | Our Products - The Stalker's Mate
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Thats the silverline hoist with 2 gambrel,s ,got 1 from ebay for 6.99 delivered they are good hoists for the money<6.99>atb
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

like tozzybum Ive got a silverline "pocket"pulley hoist
    and also an aldi rachet hoist. just a few quid.Essentially they make lifting easy
    using little effort and not pulling your shoulder out.

there`s lots of gadgets but you've got to carry them.
    you could carry an electric winch and a 12 volt battery in your roe sack

the tree hugger ideally needs a tree with no branches leaning at about 20 degrees from vertical.
    and you still need a pulley system.

For Roe and Muntjac I gralloch on the floor. I was shown how to do it properly by a pro and it's easier than than suspending IMHO. I do, however, have one of Keith's Stalkers Mate's and it is excellent on larger animals.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

50 for a hoist and new paracord?! I have a folding gambrel so maybe ill just get the pulley... Or use paracord with loops!

Thanks for replies. Interesting.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308tikka View Post
    50 for a hoist and new paracord?! I have a folding gambrel so maybe ill just get the pulley... Or use paracord with loops!

Thanks for replies. Interesting.
    In a moment of weakness I bought one of those pulleys, but now it gathers dust in the larder.

I only have muntjac and roe, and the pulley was simply not required as I've yet to find a roe or muntjac that couldn't be suspended without.

Now if I had fallow, red or sika things might be different.......

For years I would gralloch on the floor, but I do find a suspended gralloch leaves a cleaner carcase, particularly if you can leave the beast suspended for a while.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!