fac renewal change of calibre

bobby18

Put in my fac renewal a good few months back with the addition of a new calibre 243,in the meantime been considering gettin a smaller calibre 222 ,223,if i was to change would it mean i,d have to go through the whole renewal process again as i,ve already been waiting nearly 5 months.

Phone your FEO and find out how far into the process he/she is with this. You might be able to add a variation for the .22 CF if it's not too far down the line, and your certificate will come back with the additional calibre

Hello, I've just been through this process. Luckily it didn't take too long but I agree that a polite call to the firearms licensing department shouldn't hurt. Unless you really think a .222 or .223 would be a more suitable caliber I'd stick it out with your .243. I only say this as I had the same thoughts whilst waiting for mine (as initially they were funny about me having a .243 as you only require a .222 to shoot roe in Scotland) but I was advised that if I started 'bartering' with them for a smaller caliber could make them question your need for a .243 in the first place. Some folk are having a real mare of a time with variations etc. It almost seems like any excuse to not give things out and they won't. I may be wrong but it's just what I was advised. I hope it makes sense and I hope it comes through soon for you.

Hiya, When my ticket was away for renewal a few months ago , I added a 270 to it, I already had 222 and 243, not a single question about why I wanted it, tho, I gave them my reasons, and I do have access to lots of land, I told them my reasons for the 270 were for Sika and Reds, and as the triple is becoming a dedicated NV gun this year, and the 243 was for Roe and Fox, I was granted the 270 .
If you have reason to need another rifle calibre, they should let you have it... :)

Back