Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic scales

Electronic scales

Hi , guys got a few pound to spend, i want to get one of the powder scales that measure and trickle once the weight has been placed in ie Lyman RCBS , i've looked and the Sprtsman centre has a few but which one, they are all over 200 + so want to make the best purchace, ive reloaded for years with the beam type and spoons with the powder trickeler but just fancy trying one, with them not being cheap which one and why?

Thanks
    K C Rimmington

A pal of mine swears by his RCBS Chargemaster.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

none of those, buy a set of balance beam scales fom scott parker and your sorted...

Don't bother with the cheaper scales they can be frustrating if the compensating feature isn't quick. Putting powder in and having to wait while the scales faff about is maddening. Also some scientific micro scales are so sensitive you can't even breathe in their direction.
    Personally I only use the electronic scales to check my beam balance scales before loading a batch.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridfiat View Post
    Personally I only use the electronic scales to check my beam balance scales before loading a batch.
    ^^^ This

you could always get a targetmaster to use with the beam scales if you do want to automate things a bit

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Beam scales every time,

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

gem pro 250,because they register every single kernel,have a lifetime guarantee i think, and then i still check on balance because i'm sad lol.

If the scales in my bathroom are anything to go by, I would never trust anything electronic.

Beam scales and check weights every time.

Nothing to fail.

Beam scales. Treat it like the precision instrument it is and your grand kids will be using it long after you are gone with utmost confidence.~Muir