Thread: older dog food

older dog food

An associate has a 14 year old German Shepherd who is still on Dr Johns Silver dog food lately there have been episodes of occasional vomiting undigested food up hours after eating that is undigested. I think the old lad should be on something else and was thinking of recommending Chappie any one any educated ideas and experience thanks Tom

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom270 View Post
    An associate has a 14 year old German Shepherd who is still on Dr Johns Silver dog food lately there have been episodes of occasional vomiting undigested food up hours after eating that is undigested. I think the old lad should be on something else and was thinking of recommending Chappie any one any educated ideas and experience thanks Tom
    Our current older lab was on Arden Grange Senior and liked it, though now we've put her on the regular.

Our previous lab was on Wafcol, which originally was good for his sensitive stomach (I know...Labrador....sensitive stomach...sounds like an oxymoron) but they changed the recipe and we ended up feeding him on chicken and rice.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

At 14years old, I'd be wondering if something other than food is the cause. Chappie however is excellent

I was recomended chappie by my vet as my lad was still on a working crunch. I changed her over to chappie and at the same time gave her previcox. I initialy thought it was the meds but after a few weeks of sickness and blood tests i decided to change back to the same brand bith lower % protein. All good now

Thanks guys, its appreciated, there probably is other eitiology but he is 15 next month in general good spirits and mobility. Its not apparently a persistant problem but thought the Silver might be getting a bit much for him these days, vets is persists. tom