Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blaser - What part goes on the ticket? Bolt? Barrel? Receiver?

Blaser - What part goes on the ticket? Bolt? Barrel? Receiver?

Guys,

I'm looking for a Blaser in 223 but there is nothing on the market second hand at the minute.

A few gun shops are selling secondhand rifles in other calibers, 243, 308, ect... as such some of them are willing to swap the barrel out for me along with the bolt face and magazine bit.

If i a shop is willing to sell me the rifle without the barrel and bolt face do i need to put anything on my ticket? Then i could acquire the 223 barrel and bolt face second hand elsewhere to save costs which then goes on my ticket.

Or if anyone knows of a secondhand blaser in 223 please let me know or a good deal on a new rifle please let me know (2800 is the best price so far)

Thanks in advance

Call R Mc Leods in Tain. They just quoted me a new R93 for 1500..

Here, the cops list the barrel and the action as two seperate items on my FAC.

The bolt and bolt face are not listed.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Roncon1 View Post
    Call R Mc Leods in Tain. They just quoted me a new R93 for 1500..
    Thanks for this. I will give them a call in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Here, the cops list the barrel and the action as two seperate items on my FAC.

The bolt and bolt face are not listed.
    Ok, I've not received the 223 variation back yet but all I've asked for is 223 and moderator, should have i requested something different???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phillips321 View Post

Ok, I've not received the 223 variation back yet but all I've asked for is 223 and moderator, should have i requested something different???

Thanks
    Different forces seem to treat Blasers differently. Check with your FEO.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

If both parts have serial numbers then they should be listed individually I believe
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Barrel S/N entered as a complete rifle initially and separate barrels listed as "barrel"

Looks like another grey area in firearms licensing....
    Anyone with Gloucestershire police as their FEO able to tell me what they've got on their cert for a Blaser?

I did have a 223 barrel plus a mini bolt head, you have to have them on you cert as a barrel and a bolt head as they will have a serial number on both.

So for example I would have this:

223 Slot - Blaser R93 223 #123456 (of barrel?)
    243 Slot - Blaser Barrel #456789 & Blaser bolt #432156

This is confusing, can someone with a single Blaser rifle let me know what they have on their ticket for it. Worst case will have to phone my FEO on Monday and ask them for advice!