Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Sako L46 .22 Hornet price

  1. #1

    Sako L46 .22 Hornet price

    Just bought a .22 Hornet by Sako. All seems ok but can't find a comparable price.
    Its only got the one magazine so am after another if one is spare somewhere?
    Any one got an idea of value of these? It's a bit work and the wood is fairly knocked about, comes with a basic scope but isn't screw cut.
    Also anyone else got one? Anything to keep an eye on?
    Cheers peeps!

  2. #2
    Nice.
    Very Old. But bewdiful rifles.

  3. #3
    Post a pic

    at a guess maybe 300-400 as its a sako but I could be miles off

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    Post a pic

    at a guess maybe 300-400 as its a sako but I could be miles off
    Are you kidding!!!! An L46 in 22 Hornet is rarer than the 7 x 33 version (which I have). IF genuine I would put the value considerably higher. Look on the Sako Collectors forum.

  5. #5
    Probably in the 750 bracket depending on condition of course but a beautiful rifle none the less

  6. #6
    Probably add a nought to that in the USA

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Are you kidding!!!! An L46 in 22 Hornet is rarer than the 7 x 33 version (which I have). IF genuine I would put the value considerably higher. Look on the Sako Collectors forum.
    Its rare, especially here in the states, condition is everything, though. A photo would help to clear up the condition question. I would love one in 7x33

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt1980 View Post
    Just bought a .22 Hornet by Sako. All seems ok but can't find a comparable price.
    Its only got the one magazine so am after another if one is spare somewhere?
    Any one got an idea of value of these? It's a bit work and the wood is fairly knocked about, comes with a basic scope but isn't screw cut.
    Also anyone else got one? Anything to keep an eye on?
    Cheers peeps!
    I was offered an M78 Hornet on Gunstar from a dealer last year for 500 IIRC. It was immaculate and I was sorely tempted. I believe extra magazines will be very rare indeed.

  9. #9
    M78 and L46 are 2 completely different beasts.
    M78 is built on a beefed up rimfire style action. Half cutaway bolt. L46 is Sakos original short action. Front locking style.

  10. #10
    My bad!
    I wasn't aware Sako made a front locking Hornet, and assumed the M78 was the only option.
    Thanks for the education.

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Sako L46 .22 Hornet Magazine
    By Walt1980 in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 01:06
  2. For Sale Ruger 77/22 bolt action in 22 Hornet.
    By Northern Optics in forum Firearms
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-12-2015, 13:12
  3. .17 hornet or .22 hornet
    By macandels in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 28-11-2015, 12:44
  4. *SOLD* Anschutz .22 LR and Savage .22 Hornet
    By awmc in forum Firearms
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 07:55
  5. 22 Hornet vs 22K Hornet
    By GOMX in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 02:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •