Thread: Sainsbury's selling vacuum packer's 20

Sainsbury's selling vacuum packer's 20

I was in Sainsburys in Aberdeen this morning (09/01/16) so assume other branches are the same and saw they were selling electric vacuum packers for 20 reduced from 50. I can't speak to the quality or what they are like to operate but would no doubt be good enough for the 'home butcher'.

I don't have a use for one but just a heads up for anyone on the look out, for 20 they are probably worth a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick9abf View Post
    I don't have a use for one
    I use mine all the time, they're brilliant! Chuck last nights left overs in a vac bag, and with 200ml of water and a Jet Boil/MSR reactor/Wind Boiler etc you have a nice hot dinner and a warm drink out in the hills with no fuss, mess and very little effort. Just reheat in the bag, gravy and all!

Quote Originally Posted by A J View Post
    Chuck last nights left overs in a vac bag, and with 200ml of water and a Jet Boil/MSR reactor/Wind Boiler etc you have a nice hot dinner and a warm drink out in the hills with no fuss, mess and very little effort. Just reheat in the bag, gravy and all!
    That is absolutely bl**dy genius!!!!!!!!!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

As they say in Aberdeen..... It aw maks a $hite.

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    That is absolutely bl**dy genius!!!!!!!!!!
    It's very convenient.

Last night's curry:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6173.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	65238

Reheat in the bag and just cut a slit towards the top of the bag and dig in with a spork. Crimping the corners of the bag before you fill it also makes life a little easier. Roll the bag up when done and chuck it in a zip lock bag or dog poop bag and everything stays spotless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4931.jpg  

Oh one last tip. Squeeze as much air out of the bag manually before sealing if the food is quite wet or make sure you stop the vacuum pump before it starts to suck up your sauce!

Hi,

I can't find it on Sainsburys on line nor in store and customer services couldn't find it. Have you got a product no or a product name.

thanks

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Hi,

I can't find it on Sainsburys on line nor in store and customer services couldn't find it. Have you got a product no or a product name.

thanks

D
    yeah, I asked in my local store. Said they don't sell them. Sure it was sainsburys???

Quote Originally Posted by A J View Post
    Oh one last tip. Squeeze as much air out of the bag manually before sealing if the food is quite wet or make sure you stop the vacuum pump before it starts to suck up your sauce!
    "Starts to suck up your sauce" now that sounds bl@@dy painful not to mention messy lol.

ATB WB